Who doesn’t love a fun themed snack for the holidays? These Snowman Fruit Kabobs are perfect for movie night, a holiday party or a fun dessert or snack! If you want to make it a fun platter, you can make “snow” – with chopped cauliflower, popcorn, or shredded coconut!
With the kids on school break, I have been trying to come up with some fun activities to keep them busy. Sometimes being creative can be challenging, but sometimes super easy ideas like these Snowman Fruit Kabobs are the perfect thing to make. Last year we made some fun Reindeer Snacks so this year we decided on snowmen! We had an abundance of bananas in the kitchen so I got to thinking. So we sliced them up, added some pretzels, chocolate chips, and strawberries! The kids loved making these and snacking on them. Make a cup of hot chocolate and enjoy these fruit snowmen all Winter long!
Hosting a Christmas classroom party? Give kids the ingredients and let them assemble themselves as a fun activity. The kids have friends over? Let them do this as a fun activity to do together! Really they are easy to make, assemble, and super cute.
Looking for more fun snacks for the holiday season? We’ve got you covered with these ideas!
What we love about bananas
Since bananas are the star of these snowman snacks, lets talk about how awesome they are! First off bananas are super convenient as a grab and go snack since they are perfectly wrapped individually. So grab one to take to school, work, or for in the car on a road trip. Bananas are loaded in potassium which can help manage your blood pressure, is great for your muscles, and helps prevent kidney stones. And that is just to name a few wonderful benefits of bananas.
Key Ingredients for this Snowman Fruit Kabobs
- Bananas– These are the star of the show in this recipe! The kids love bananas and I love that they are rich in fiber, can improve digestive health, and of course a great source of potassium.
- Strawberries– these juicy little berries are the snowman’s hat! The perfect combination of strawberry and banana makes this a fun treat for all! Strawberries are loaded with Vitamin C which is great during the cooler months to help fight off common colds.
- Blueberries– these little power foods make up the top of the snowman’s hat. They are loaded with fiber, anti-oxidants, can help with vision health, and even great for our memory!
- Matchstick Carrots– we can’t have a snowman without his carrot nose!
- Chocolate Chips– we used mini chocolate chips for his eyes and his buttons! And who doesn’t love bananas, strawberries, and chocolate together.
How to make these Snowman Fruit Kabobs
First start by slicing the bananas and strawberries. Grab out some skewers and add the three banana slices.
Top it with the strawberry slice and a blueberry for the snowman’s hat.
Decorate with pretzels for arms, carrots for noses and chocolate chips for eyes and buttons.
And enjoy them!
Make sure to PIN IT!
Snowman Fruit Kabobs
- 4 skewers
- 2 bananas sliced 1-inch thick
- 4 strawberries
- 4 blueberries
- 4 pretzel sticks broken in half
- 2 matchstick carrots cut in half
- 20 mini chocolate chips
- Skewer 3 banana slices, 1 strawberry and 1 blueberry onto each skewer. Decorate with pretzels for arms, carrots for noses and chocolate chips for eyes and buttons.