This Mediterranean Chopped Salad is one of our go-to salads for summer. Filled with fresh ingredients like romaine lettuce, tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumber and onions, you’re sure to get your fill of fresh produce! Serve with toasted pita or add grilled chicken for a heartier salad.
Nutrition Tip: All greens are good for kids but romaine has four times more vitamin C than iceberg lettuce. It also contains antioxidants that help guard the eyes against diseases.
- 1 (10 oz.) bag Hearts of Romaine
- 1 (15 oz.) can low-sodium chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1 large beefsteak tomato, chopped
- 1 seedless cucumber, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 tablespoons Marie's® Market Reserve Meyer Lemon Basil Dressing
- Combine lettuce, chickpeas, tomato, cucumber, pepper, onion, cheese and dressing in large bowl. Toss to coat with dressing.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 188Total Fat: 6gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 434mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 9gSugar: 8gProtein: 9g