This Mediterranean Chopped Salad is one of our go-to salads for summer. Filled with fresh ingredients like romaine lettuce, tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumber and onions, you’re sure to get your fill of fresh produce! Serve with toasted pita or add grilled chicken for a heartier salad.
Nutrition Tip: All greens are good for kids but romaine has four times more vitamin C than iceberg lettuce. It also contains antioxidants that help guard the eyes against diseases.
Mediterranean Chopped Salad
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts chopped
- 1 15 oz. can low-sodium chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1 large beefsteak tomato chopped
- 1 seedless cucumber diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper diced
- 1/2 small red onion diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
- Combine lettuce, chickpeas, tomato, cucumber, pepper, onion, cheese and dressing in large bowl. Toss to coat with dressing.