This southwestern pasta salad is ideal for making the night before. Pack in lunchboxes with a few healthy sides for a nutritious and filling lunch!
Nutrition Tip: Compared to lean meats, the protein found in black beans contain zero to little saturated fat and cholesterol.
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox.
Looking for more lunchbox ideas? We’ve got you covered with 70+ ideas including make-ahead ideas, non-sandwich lunches, ideas for repurposing leftovers, and vegetarian, nut-free and gluten-free recipes.
Or check out all of our back-to-school content on our blog. A few of our most popular posts include:
- The Ultimate Guide to Packing Healthy Lunchboxes
- After-School Snacks that Won’t Ruin Dinner
- The Best Lunchboxes for Kids
- 20 Lunchbox-Packing Tips & Hacks from Parents
- 1 (12 oz.) box whole wheat mini shells
- 1 (15 oz.) can reduced-sodium black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can no-salt-added corn, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 6 mini sweet peppers, diced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded lowfat Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup yogurt Ranch dressing
- 1 ounce blue tortilla chips
- 2 tablespoons Wholly Guacamole® mini
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 1 tablespoon granola
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and let cool.
- Mix pasta, beans, corn, tomatoes, peppers, onion, cheese and Ranch in large bowl.
- Add tortilla chips, guacamole and yogurt topped with bananas and granola to lunchbox.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 404Total Fat: 5.85gSodium: 76mgCarbohydrates: 74.15gFiber: 13.48gSugar: 6.71gProtein: 17.29g