Looking for a new idea for lunch? We love these Southwest Quiche Muffins. Easily meal-prepped for the week and ready in just about 30 minutes.
These Southwest quiche muffins are a great meal prep recipe packed full of protein and veggies. Make a batch for easy breakfasts all week, or these fun breakfast theme bento boxes!
Quiche muffins are one of those go-to recipes in my house. The formula is simple – eggs + milk + mix-ins. Bake in a muffin tin and pop into the fridge to enjoy all week.
This recipe calls for a Southwest combo of black beans, tomatoes, onions and cheese, and can be topped with fresh salsa, guacamole or avocado. We pack a mini guacamole serving and use a dip container for salsa.
Let completely cool or chill in the refrigerator before freezing. Transfer to a freezer-safe Ziplock bag or container and freeze up to 1 month.
- Microwave: Wrap in paper towel and microwave 30-60 seconds.
- Oven: Reheat in 325F preheated oven 10-15 minutes.
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox.
Looking for more lunchbox solutions?
- Best Lunch Boxes For Kids
- 25+ Nut Free Lunchbox Ideas
- 34+ Non-Sandwich Lunchbox Ideas
- 10+ Ways To Add More Fruits & Veggies To Your Child’s Lunchbox
- Ultimate Guide For Packing Healthy Lunches
- 12+ Gluten-free Lunchbox Ideas
Alright, let’s get cooking! You are going to love how easy these are to make and use all week long.
Southwest Quiche Muffins Bento Box
- 8 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ¾ cup black beans drained, rinsed
- ½ cup chopped Nature Fresh Farms Tomz tomatoes
- ⅓ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ¼ small RealSweet® sweet onion chopped
- ½ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup granola
- ½ kiwi chopped
- 1 Bee Sweet Citrus mandarin peeled, segmented
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Whisk eggs and milk in large bowl.
- Coat 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray or use silicone muffin liners. Evenly divide beans, tomatoes, cheese and onion among cups. Pour eggs over top.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until eggs are set and lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan 2-3 minutes. Use knife to loosen edges and remove.
- Assemble bento box with 2 quiche muffins, a kiwi parfait with yogurt, kiwi and granola, and mandarin.