These Southwest quiche muffins are a great meal prep recipe packed full of protein and veggies. Make a batch for easy breakfasts all week, or these fun breakfast theme bento boxes!
Quiche muffins are one of those go-to recipes in my house. The formula is simple – eggs + milk + mix-ins. Bake in a muffin tin and pop into the fridge to enjoy all week.
This recipe calls for a Southwest combo of black beans, tomatoes, onions and cheese, and can be topped with fresh salsa, guacamole or avocado.
Let completely cool or chill in the refrigerator before freezing. Transfer to a freezer-safe Ziplock bag or container and freeze up to 1 month.
- Microwave: Wrap in paper towel and microwave 30-60 seconds.
- Oven: Reheat in 325F preheated oven 10-15 minutes.
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox.
Looking for more lunchbox ideas? We’ve got you covered with 70+ ideas including make-ahead ideas, non-sandwich lunches, ideas for repurposing leftovers, and vegetarian, nut-free and gluten-free recipes.
Or check out all of our back-to-school content on our blog. A few of our most popular posts include:
- The Ultimate Guide to Packing Healthy Lunchboxes
- After-School Snacks that Won’t Ruin Dinner
- The Best Lunchboxes for Kids
- 20 Lunchbox-Packing Tips & Hacks from Parents
- 8 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ¾ cup black beans, drained, rinsed
- ½ cup chopped Nature Fresh Farms Tomz tomatoes
- ⅓ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ¼ small RealSweet® sweet onion, chopped
- ½ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup granola
- ½ Zespri™ SunGold™ kiwi, chopped
- 1 Bee Sweet Citrus mandarin, peeled, segmented
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Whisk eggs and milk in large bowl.
- Coat 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray or use silicone muffin liners. Evenly divide beans, tomatoes, cheese and onion among cups. Pour eggs over top.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until eggs are set and lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan 2-3 minutes. Use knife to loosen edges and remove.
- Assemble bento box with 2 quiche muffins, a kiwi parfait with yogurt, SunGold kiwi and granola, and mandarin.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 88Total Fat: 5gCholesterol: 128mgSodium: 107mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 7g