These Southwest quiche muffins are a great meal prep recipe packed full of protein and veggies. Make a batch for easy breakfasts all week, or these fun breakfast theme bento boxes!
Quiche muffins are one of those go-to recipes in my house. The formula is simple – eggs + milk + mix-ins. Bake in a muffin tin and pop into the fridge to enjoy all week.
This recipe calls for a Southwest combo of black beans, tomatoes, onions and cheese, and can be topped with fresh salsa, guacamole or avocado.
Let completely cool or chill in the refrigerator before freezing. Transfer to a freezer-safe Ziplock bag or container and freeze up to 1 month.
- Microwave: Wrap in paper towel and microwave 30-60 seconds.
- Oven: Reheat in 325F preheated oven 10-15 minutes.
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox.
Looking for more lunchbox solutions?
- 25+ Nut Free Lunchbox Ideas
- 34+ Non-Sandwich Lunchbox Ideas
- 10+ Ways To Add More Fruits & Veggies To Your Child’s Lunchbox
- Ultimate Guide For Packing Healthy Lunches
- 12+ Gluten-free Lunchbox Ideas
Southwest Quiche Muffins Bento Box
- 8 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ¾ cup black beans drained, rinsed
- ½ cup chopped Nature Fresh Farms Tomz tomatoes
- ⅓ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ¼ small RealSweet® sweet onion chopped
- ½ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup granola
- ½ Zespri™ SunGold™ kiwi chopped
- 1 Bee Sweet Citrus mandarin peeled, segmented
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Whisk eggs and milk in large bowl.
- Coat 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray or use silicone muffin liners. Evenly divide beans, tomatoes, cheese and onion among cups. Pour eggs over top.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until eggs are set and lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan 2-3 minutes. Use knife to loosen edges and remove.
- Assemble bento box with 2 quiche muffins, a kiwi parfait with yogurt, SunGold kiwi and granola, and mandarin.