This wrap recipe is a great party food, served best at room temperature.
Nutrition Tip: Whole wheat tortillas are higher in fiber and offer protein content as compared to their white tortilla counterparts.
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox.
Looking for more lunchbox ideas? We’ve got you covered with 70+ ideas including make-ahead ideas, non-sandwich lunches, ideas for repurposing leftovers, and vegetarian, nut-free and gluten-free recipes.
Or check out all of our back-to-school content on our blog. A few of our most popular posts include:
- The Ultimate Guide to Packing Healthy Lunchboxes
- After-School Snacks that Won’t Ruin Dinner
- The Best Lunchboxes for Kids
- 20 Lunchbox-Packing Tips & Hacks from Parents
- 2 (8-inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper hummus
- 1/2 bell pepper, seeded, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup spinach, chopped
- 1 cup cooked diced chicken
- 1/4 cup mashed avocado
- 1/4 cup salsa
- Lay tortillas on flat surface.
- Spread hummus on tortillas. Layer peppers, onion, salad, chicken, guacamole and salsa on top. Roll into a wrap and cut in half.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 594Total Fat: 22gCholesterol: 85mgSodium: 760mgCarbohydrates: 64gFiber: 9gProtein: 40g