Ready for a flavor explosion? These Southwest Chicken Wraps are super easy to make, loaded with veggies, chicken, and salsa for a healthy and delicious lunch idea for the adults and the kids! This wrap recipe would even make a great addition to any gatherings you may have for an easy hand-help wrap.
There are days when we are running out of ideas of what to make for lunch or dinner. A couple weeks ago we had a southwest chicken wrap at one of our favorite restaurants and I knew I could make an easier, healthier version right at home. So I bought some whole wheat tortillas and grabbed the kids to help me come up with our own healthy Southwest Chicken Wraps. We made enough to pack up for lunches for a few days, so needless to say if you like to meal prep, this is a good one for that! The kids had soccer practice and dance class this week so we even packed a few wraps for an on the go snack in the car. If there is something the kids don’t like, leave it out. Otherwise, this recipe has the entire family eating AND enjoying their vegetables in this easy chicken wrap.
If the kids are helping, let them mash up the avocado and let them layer the ingredients onto the wrap. If they are more experienced in the kitchen have them dice up the onions, peppers, and chicken! Check out these kid friendly knives that we love at our house! If you want to let them do the whole thing, just supervise as they create these beauties!
Key Ingredients for this Southwest Chicken Wrap
- Whole Wheat Tortillas– or a different flavor wrap works, too!
- Red Pepper hummus– we bought some this time, but if you want to make your own check out our Quick & Easy Roasted Tomato Hummus recipe!
Wow! What a great list of power foods! This wrap really has it all and is super tasty. Your body will stayed fueled all day from this protein and veggie-packed recipe! Of course if you like a little heat, you could always add some jalapenos, hot sauce, or spicy salsa, too!
How to make these Southwest Chicken Wraps
First start by laying out the whole wheat tortillas on a flat surface. Then spread the red pepper hummus on to the tortillas.
Next layer the peppers, onion, spinach, chicken, guacamole, and salsa on top. Roll into a wrap and cut it in half. Serve right away or wrap individually to pack in lunchboxes for the week! Add your favorite fruit for a well rounded and complete meal!
Make sure to PIN IT!
Nutrition Tip: Whole wheat tortillas are higher in fiber and offer protein content as compared to their white tortilla counterparts.
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox.
Looking for more lunchbox solutions?
- Best Lunch Boxes For Kids
- 25+ Nut Free Lunchbox Ideas
- 34+ Non-Sandwich Lunchbox Ideas
- 10+ Ways To Add More Fruits & Veggies To Your Child’s Lunchbox
- Ultimate Guide For Packing Healthy Lunches
- 12+ Gluten-free Lunchbox Ideas
Southwest Chicken Wraps
- 2 8-inch whole wheat tortillas
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper hummus
- 1/2 bell pepper seeded, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup spinach chopped
- 1 cup cooked diced chicken
- 1/4 cup mashed avocado
- 1/4 cup salsa
- Lay tortillas on flat surface.
- Spread hummus on tortillas. Layer peppers, onion, salad, chicken, guacamole and salsa on top. Roll into a wrap and cut in half.