This Easy Roasted Tomato Hummus is a huge hit with the whole family – the Village Farms® Heavenly Villagio Marzano® tomatoes add such a great flavor to a basic hummus recipe and it’s top it all off with fresh thyme and shaved parmesan cheese, perfect for pairing with veggies that your little ones may not eat on their own (a total mom-win!).
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Village Farms. All opinions are our own.
Quick & Easy Roasted Tomato Hummus
- 1 10 oz tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 15 oz. can no-salt-added chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- Spread tomatoes in an even layer on rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with ½ Tbsp. oil and toss to coat. Roast in oven 30 minutes. Remove and let cool 10 minutes.
- Combine 1 Tbsp. oil, chickpeas, water, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a large capacity food processor or blender. Blend until smooth. Add cooled tomatoes and blend until smooth. If hummus is too thick, add a little more water or oil to thin it out.
- Transfer to serving dish and serve with cut veggies.