Kids will love opening their lunchboxes and seeing these yummy apple zucchini mini muffins, packed with healthy ingredients. Make a batch for easy lunchboxes all week!
These muffins are made with wholesome ingredients like fresh zucchini, apples, whole wheat flour, Greek yogurt and a few other pantry staples. Perfect for a yummy lunchbox addition or quick breakfast or snack.
Quick note on flour: We love whole wheat flour because it’s higher in protein and fiber, but know it’s sometimes a hard sell to little ones. There is white whole wheat flour, which can give baked goods a lighter texture.
Nutrition Tip: Save extra Greek yogurt to spread on top of your muffin for an extra protein boost!
Your kids can easily help make these by measuring out ingredients, grating the zucchini and apples or mixing ingredients together. Could it be a little messy? Sure – but the memories will be great.
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox.
Looking for more lunchbox solutions?
- 25+ Nut Free Lunchbox Ideas
- 34+ Non-Sandwich Lunchbox Ideas
- 10+ Ways To Add More Fruits & Veggies To Your Child’s Lunchbox
- Ultimate Guide For Packing Healthy Lunches
- 12+ Gluten-free Lunchbox Ideas
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated zucchini, excess water removed
- 1/2 cup grated Gala apple
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in bowl. Set aside.
- Mix honey, yogurt, egg and vanilla in separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just incorporated. Fold in zucchini and apple.
- Spray mini muffin pan with cooking spray and fill ¾ full. Bake 15 minutes, or until toothpick is inserted and comes out clean. Remove from muffin pan and let cool.
- Fill out your lunchbox with a fresh peach, baby carrots and Ranch, and cheese cubes
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 376Total Fat: 18gCholesterol: 81mgSodium: 225mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 2gSugar: 20gProtein: 17g