Plant-based sausage, potatoes, onions, peppers and tomatoes cook together in one skillet for a delicious and easy meal your family will love. One skillet also makes for easy clean-up!
Last year, just before the holidays, my family made the decision to go plant-based. Over the years, I’ve cut out or back on dairy and meat to help with stomach issues so neither was a huge part of my diet.
Here’s what you need:
- Plant-Based Italian Sausage: Beyond Meat, Impossible Foods or other plant-based meat alternatives. Of course, you could always use regular Italian sausage if you’re not plant-based.
- Veggies: Potatoes, onions, bell peppers and tomatoes all chopped and ready to go. Have other veggies on hand? They’re probably great in here too!
- Pasta Sauce: I always look for a pasta sauce that’s lower in sodium and added sugar.
- Oil & Seasonings: A little olive oil to cook everything plus Italian seasoning and garlic powder (or fresh garlic). Fresh basil is also great, but totally optional if you don’t have any on hand.
Did I mention it all cooks in one skillet? One-pot meals really are a busy mom’s best friend!
- 1 Tbsp. (plus 2 tsp.) olive oil, divided
- 4 small baking potatoes, chopped
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 4 plant-based Italian sausage links, sliced
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 Roma tomato, chopped
- 1½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ cup low-sodium/low-sugar jarred pasta sauce
- Fresh basil, for topping
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes, onions and Italian seasoning. Cook 10 minutes, or until potatoes are slightly tender.
- Add sausage, peppers, tomatoes, garlic salt and 2 tsp. olive oil. Cook additional 10-15 minutes, or until sausage is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Stir in pasta sauce and cook additional 2 minutes, until sauce is heated. Top with fresh basil.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 270Total Fat: 12.5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 404mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 6gSugar: 6gProtein: 14g