Change up your salad game by using shredded Brussels sprouts as the base instead of greens! This shredded Brussels sprouts salad is tossed with a simple vinaigrette, apples, pistachios, and feta for a delicious dish.
Brussels sprouts used to have a bad reputation as a sticky vegetable (which they can be when you steam them), but in recent years they’ve surged to greatness thanks to roasted Brussels appearing on menus across the country.
I love roasted Brussels sprouts, but did you know they also offer the perfect crunchy base for your salad? You can often find already-shredded Brussels in the produce department, but if not they’re easy to thinly slice or shred yourself.
This recipe pairs Brussels sprouts with crisp apples, crunchy pistachios and salty feta cheese, all tossed in a simple vinaigrette of olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, shredded
- 1 Sage Fruit® apple, cored, chopped
- 1/4 cup Wonderful® shelled pistachios
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- Add oil, vinegar, salt and pepper to small bowl or glass jar with lid. Mix well and set aside.
- Combine Brussels sprouts, apples, pistachios and cheese in large bowl. Add dressing and mix to coat all ingredients.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 167.5Total Fat: 11.7gCholesterol: 9.1mgSodium: 332.5mgCarbohydrates: 11.4gFiber: 4gSugar: 5.7gProtein: 4.3g