This flavorful and easy salad recipe is ready in just 15 minutes. Made with shaved Brussels sprouts, fresh apples, pistachios and feta this salad is sweet and salty.
Change up your salad game by using shredded Brussels sprouts as the base instead of greens! This shredded Brussels sprouts salad is tossed with a simple vinaigrette, apples, pistachios, and feta for a delicious and fulling dish.
Brussels sprouts used to have a bad reputation as a sticky vegetable (which they can be when you steam them), but in recent years they’ve surged to greatness thanks to roasted Brussels appearing on menus across the country.
I love roasted Brussels sprouts, but did you know they also offer the perfect crunchy base for your salad? You can often find already-shredded Brussels in the produce department, but if not they’re easy to thinly slice or shred yourself.
This recipe pairs Brussels sprouts with crisp apples, crunchy pistachios and salty feta cheese, all tossed in a simple vinaigrette of olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
Key Ingredients For Shredded Brussels Sprouts Salad
- Brussels Sprouts
- Simple dressing
Simple, yet delicious! Everything about this shredded brussels sprouts salad is crunchy, eat bite offers a wide variety of flavors thanks to the apple, pistachios and that simple homemade salad dressing.
One of the great things about salads, is that the topping possibilities are just about endless! But, I did want to share a few extra ones to get those wheels spinning for added suggestions.
Additional Shredded Brussels Sprouts Salad Topping Ideas
- Dried cranberries or cherries.
- Add in a protein. Grilled chicken would be delicious addition.
- Pomegranate seeds.
- Chopped bacon.
- Sunflower seeds. Or any seeds you prefer.
- Leave the feta off for a dairy-free salad.
Shredded Brussels Sprouts Salad with Apples & Pistachios
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts shredded
- 1 Sage Fruit® apple cored, chopped
- 1/4 cup Wonderful® shelled pistachios
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- Add oil, vinegar, salt and pepper to small bowl or glass jar with lid. Mix well and set aside.
- Combine Brussels sprouts, apples, pistachios and cheese in large bowl. Add dressing and mix to coat all ingredients.