Valentine’s Day deserves an extra-special lunch! This sweet sandwich spin featuring fresh strawberries will have your child gobbling up lunch in no time.
Plus, it only takes a few seconds to turn a regular sandwich into this heart-eyed emoji. Don’t forget to add a special touch with a valentine to your little one.
Nutrition Tip: The carbohydrate content of strawberries consists mainly of fibers and simple sugars, making them a fruit that does not cause big spikes in blood sugar levels.
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox.
Looking for more lunchbox solutions?
- 25+ Nut Free Lunchbox Ideas
- 34+ Non-Sandwich Lunchbox Ideas
- 10+ Ways To Add More Fruits & Veggies To Your Child’s Lunchbox
- Ultimate Guide For Packing Healthy Lunches
- 12+ Gluten-free Lunchbox Ideas
Valentine’s Day Emoji Bento Box
- 1 whole wheat sandwich round
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 tsp. lowfat cream cheese, divided
- 3-4 large strawberries sliced
- 1 piece black construction paper cut into crescent for the mouth
- 3 cherry tomatoes
- 2-3 red mini sweet peppers
- 1 tablespoon lowfat Ranch
- Lightly toast sandwich rounds.
- Spread 1 Tbsp. cream cheese on each round and top with sliced strawberries. Reserve 2 strawberry sliced to create the eyes.
- Cut 2 strawberry slices into hearts for the eyes using a small cookie cutter or knife. Spread cream cheese on one side of each strawberry slice and place on sandwich to create eyes. Add paper mouth.
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half widthwise at an angle. Turn one half and skewer together on toothpick to create a heart.
- Serve with sweet peppers and Ranch.