These Antipasti Pesto Tortellini Skewers are ready in just 20 minutes and are easily prepped the night before making them an easy addition to lunchboxes or an after-school snack that kids are sure to love.
I can’t believe it, but Back To School season is upon on. Whether you did distance learning or traditional school or a combination of the two, this year is bound to look a little different. I know my kids are looking forward to being back in school and spending time with their friends, but back to school also means preparing for back to school.
We are all about making that dinner time rush and lunch packing chaos a little bit easier, and that’s why we love these Easy Pesto Tortellini Skewers.
Here are a few more reasons why we love this easy pesto tortellini skewer recipe
- The skewers hold up well in the refrigerator, so they can be made ahead of time and added to lunchboxes or served as an easy snack throughout the week.
- They are easy enough that the kids can make them (just watch with the boiling water!).
- The kids can help assemble the skewers.
- Adults love them too.
- These skewers are very versatile. Great for serving at picnics, holiday gatherings.
Other serving suggestion
While we all love eating off of skewers, sometimes a pasta salad is what you are looking for. Serve these deconstructed for a delicious tortellini pasta salad.
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Protein – we used salami
Easy Substitutions Or Additions
- Pick a different protein. Cubed chicken and sliced turkey would also be nutritious options.
- Skip the meat to make these vegetarian-friendly.
- Use a different colored tortellini for an extra fun skewer. We used tricolor cheese tortellini.
Pro Luncbox Packing Tip: If you aren’t sure your kiddos will like the pesto, pack it on the side. Be sure to include some fruit for a well-balanced meal. We love Crispy Green Snacks and Bee Sweet Citrus mandarins.
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox.
Looking for more lunchbox solutions?
- 25+ Nut Free Lunchbox Ideas
- 34+ Non-Sandwich Lunchbox Ideas
- 10+ Ways To Add More Fruits & Veggies To Your Child’s Lunchbox
- Ultimate Guide For Packing Healthy Lunches
- 12+ Gluten-free Lunchbox Ideas
- 1 9 ounce package mixed tortellini
- 1 cup NatureFresh cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 8 salami sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp pesto
- Cook tortellini according to package instructions.
- Once cooked and drained, drizzle with olive oil, toss and set aside.
- Thread tortellini, cherry tomatoes, salami, and cubed mozzarella onto 6” bamboo skewers
- Drizzle with pesto to taste or serve on the side
Add more pesto if desired.
Adding the olive oil to the tortellini after cooking keeps them from sticking.
These are delicious served warm or cold.
Feel free to leave out the skewers and serve as a yummy pasta salad.