This episode of the Healthy Family Project podcast is all about how to meal plan including tips on how to get started with meal planning, ideas for repurposing leftovers and dinner staples, and getting input from your kids and family.
Listen to the episode
Christine Pittman is the author of The Cookful and Cook the Story, where she values the power of knowing how to meal plan and gives a glimpse into her real life of quick and easy, healthy, homemade cooking.
She is well-known for her Crispy Oven-Baked Chicken Wing recipe and her knowledge on Best Ways to Cook Pork. Recently she started her own podcast world by releasing TMI with Christine which covers a lot about also focuses on how to meal plan.
When she’s not busy creating recipes, Christine is a cookbook author. Be sure to check out her latest cookbook, The All New Chicken Cookbook: 200+ Chicken Recipes for the Air Fryer, Electric Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, and More!
Healthy Bites Featuring the National Watermelon Promotion Board
Today, Charli and I are sipping on super refreshing and hydrating Watermelon Cucumber Smoothies. Made up of 92% water and available year-round, watermelon is perfect for staying hydrated.
Want to skip straight to a hot topic? See time stamps below. But of course, we recommend listening all the way through!
- 2:34 Meet Christine
- 4:59 What is a meal plan?
- 6:10 How to make time for meal planning
- 8:30 Getting your kids input
- 13:10 How many meals to plan?
- 16:30 Healthy Bite Featuring National Watermelon Promotion Board
- 17:45 What is your process for meal planning?
- Check out Christine’s food blogs – Cook The Story & The Cookful
- Subscribe to TMI with Christine
- Check out the OurGroceries app
- Follow Christine on Instagram and Facebook
- 10 Beginner Tips to Meal Prep Like a Pro
- 50+ Easy Dinners Ready in 30 Minutes or Less
- 12 Essential Meal Prep Tools for Every Kitchen
Other Podcast Episodes to Check Out:
- Episode 21: Meal Planning and Cooking with Kids
- Episode 22: Meal Planning for Busy Families
- Episode 23: Make-Ahead Meal Ideas
Healthy Family Project Facebook Group
Join our Healthy Family Project Facebook group! This group will serve as a safe space for parents and caregivers to talk all about raising a healthy family – from dealing with a picky eater and tips to get more fruits and veggies onto plates to exercising as a family and mental health. We welcome all of you to join in!
Thank you so much for supporting the Healthy Family Project Podcast! We’d love it if you could take 5 minutes to let us know how we can bring you the best possible content for future episodes. Take the survey here.
Healthy Family Project Podcast
Conversations covering hot topics in the world of health, food and family with a dose of fun. Helping families ease their way into a new fresh and healthy world.
Be on the lookout for new bi-weekly episodes and don’t forget to subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify or your favorite podcasting site. If you like an episode, make sure to leave a rating and comment.
If you are interested in being a guest on the Healthy Family Project podcast, contact [email protected] with your topic idea for consideration.