Everyone loves a charcuterie board. There is just something fun about being able to pick your favorite snacks off of a board. I love making holiday grazing boards, themed grazing boards, breakfast grazing boards, dinner grazing boards…you name it. Plus they are easy to make!
With Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day all celebrated over the summer I wanted to share how to make a Patriotic Charcuterie Board. I told you, I love working with a theme, and with all the fresh berries in season right now, this seemed like the perfect red, white and blue grazing board.
What kind of board do you have to use to make a charcuterie board?
Don’t stress about the board! Have a nice cutting board? That’s fine to use! Don’t have a cutting board, but you do have a big platter? Go ahead use that. There are a lot of options on Amazon that are reasonably priced if you would like to invest in a dedicated charcuterie board. Trust me, everyone will be looking at all the yummy food on the board, not the board itself.
What is normally on a charcuterie board?
- Cured meats
- Cheese – make sure you have a variety of cheeses
- Crackers or small pieces of good bakery bread
- Fresh fruit – I used strawberries, blackberries, blueberries and raspberries as they matched my patriotic-theme, but feel free to switch it up. Just be sure to use fruit that is a good finger food or have them on skewers.
- Dried fruit
- Jam, Jelly or Honey – these are delicious on those cured meats and cheeses
- Nuts – you can leave these off for a allergen-friendly board
- Dip – I like adding a simple fruit dip if there’s room on the board, but it’s not required
Since I made this one for a summer party, I added in those yummy yogurt covered pretzels, my kids love them and they matched the red, white and blue theme that I was using for this Patriotic charcuterie board.
Tips for Assembling an Instagram-Worthy Board
- Start by adding your larger or focal point items to the board. Play around with the placement leaving room for smaller or fill-in ingredients.
- Get creative! My plan was to place berries all over the board, but I created a few skewers to break up the berry piles, plus they’re convenient for guests!
- I always like to have some sort of garnish or finishing touch. Whenever I’m not feeling my board creation, I figure out my garnish and it usually helps bring everything together. Some of my tried and trues are rosemary, mint, basil, lemon zest, and slivered almonds.
Can you store leftovers from your Patriotic grazing board?
You sure can, but I doubt you will have any leftovers! But, if you do, I recommend storing each ingredient in a separate ziplock bag or air tight container. Refrigerate the items that should be kept cold.
FAQs for How To Make A Patriotic Charcuterie Board
Q: How do you make a patriotic charcuterie board?
A: Start with red, white and blue foods like strawberries, blueberries, brie, and salami. Arrange on a board with crackers, nuts, and honey. Optionally you can garnish with rosemary.
Q: What do you need for a patriotic grazing board?
A: You’ll need red fruits like strawberries, white foods like brie, and blue food like blueberries. Mini pretzels, honey, salami, crackers, yogurt, and rosemary garnish can help you finish out the board.
Q: What are some tips for assembling a patriotic charcuterie board?
A: Start with focal ingredients like cheese and meats. Get creative with red, white, and blue foods. Add skewers to any foods you can for easy grabbing.
Q: What kind of board can you use for a patriotic grazing platter?
A: Any board or platter will work such as a large cutting board or large platter. Focus more on the arrangement than the actual board. Just make sure it’s sturdy if you plan to move it at all.
Q: Can you store leftovers from a patriotic grazing board?
A: Yes, store ingredients separately in air tight containers and refrigerate items that need to stay cold.
Looking for more Red White and Blue Recipes? Here are some of our favorite patriotic-themed recipes.
Do you like to make grazing boards? What is one of your tips for making the perfect grazing board?
Patriotic Charcuterie Board
- Mini white chocolate covered pretzels
- White cheddar cheese sliced
- Greek yogurt
- Salami sliced
- Rosemary for garnish
- Table Water Crackers
- Assemble board with desired ingredients.
- Garnish with rosemary sprigs.