When special occasions (or a Friday night movie night) calls for a sweet treat, turn to these easy Strawberry Hand Pies!
Using store-bought refrigerated pie crusts makes these delicious, perfectly-portioned desserts a breeze (you can also sub in your favorite homemade pie crust).
Filled with fresh strawberries and a little chocolate, no one in the family will be able to turn these down.
Nutrition Tip: Young kids can get all the immune-boosting vitamin C they need in a day with just three medium strawberries!
- 1 package refrigerated pie crust dough
- 2 cups finely chopped strawberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 large egg white, beaten
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Mix strawberries, sugar and cornstarch in large bowl. Set aside.
- Roll dough out on lightly-floured surface. Use small bowl or glass (about 3½ inches in diameter) to cut out 20 rounds. Reroll scraps as necessary.
- Place 10 dough circles on parchment-lined baking sheet. Fill center with strawberries and chocolate chips. Wet rim of dough with water. Top with second dough circle and press edges firmly to seal or use a fork to seal edges. Brush with egg whites.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 131Total Fat: 6gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 114mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 0gSugar: 7gProtein: 2g