Kids will love to make these fun tacos at lunchtime. Use a sandwich container with cupcake liners for an easy to make lunch.
Nutrition Tip: Black beans can help individuals with diabetes manage their blood sugar levels. Their high fiber content and help with digestion may prevent spikes in blood sugar levels.
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox for a chance to win weekly prizes.
Looking for more lunchbox ideas? We’ve got you covered with 70+ ideas including make-ahead ideas, non-sandwich lunches, ideas for repurposing leftovers, and vegetarian, nut-free and gluten-free recipes.
Or check out all of our back-to-school content on our blog. A few of our most popular posts include:
- The Ultimate Guide to Packing Healthy Lunchboxes
- After-School Snacks that Won’t Ruin Dinner
- The Best Lunchboxes for Kids
- 20 Lunchbox-Packing Tips & Hacks from Parents
- 1/4 cup shredded rotisserie chicken, skin removed
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 tablespoons corn
- 2 tablespoons shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 4 yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 small whole wheat tortillas
- Place chicken, black beans, lettuce, corn, cheese, and tomatoes in Bento box or sandwich container. Place tortillas and bar in container.
- Assemble tacos by layering chicken, beans, salad, corn and cheese and tomatoes on each tortilla.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 211Total Fat: 8.84gSodium: 230mgCarbohydrates: 20.44gFiber: 4.21gProtein: 13.11g