Join the bento box craze with this easy Pizza Bento Box. Kids will have fun creating veggie-packed pizzas they’ll actually eat at lunchtime!
Nutrition Tip: Processed or cooked tomatoes, like tomato sauce, are found to have high levels of the antioxidant Lycopene, which studies have shown helps to reduce the risk of heart disease.
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox.
Looking for more lunchbox ideas? We’ve got you covered with 70+ ideas including make-ahead ideas, non-sandwich lunches, ideas for repurposing leftovers, and vegetarian, nut-free and gluten-free recipes.
Or check out all of our back-to-school content on our blog. A few of our most popular posts include:
- The Ultimate Guide to Packing Healthy Lunchboxes
- After-School Snacks that Won’t Ruin Dinner
- The Best Lunchboxes for Kids
- 20 Lunchbox-Packing Tips & Hacks from Parents
- 4 small whole wheat pitas
- 1 cup low-sodium tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 pound low-sodium ham, chopped
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, cut into half-moon slices
- 1/2 cup baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons lowfat Ranch dip
- Lay pita on plate. Top with ¼ tomato sauce, ¼ cheese and ¼ ham. Top with ¼ mushrooms, bell pepper and tomato. Repeat with remaining pitas and toppings.
- Place pita pizza in bento box along with carrots and ranch.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 286Total Fat: 10.36gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 866mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 4.14gProtein: 26.52g