Quesadillas are always a hit! With this simple recipe, just mix the ingredients, place in tortillas and bake. It’s that easy! Short on time? Use a rotisserie chicken. Top with fresh cilantro for extra flavor.
Nutrition Tip: Beans are rich in fiber, which is great for health–but as the famous “magical fruit” saying goes, that fiber can also make you toot. Rinsing canned beans before using them (and dumping water from soaking dry beans) can help reduce their gas potential.
Fiesta BBQ Chicken Quesadilla
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1/2 cup low-sodium black beans rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup no-salt-added corn rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 small red onion
- 4 8-inch whole wheat tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix chicken, cheese, black beans, corn, BBQ sauce and onion in large bowl.
- Place tortillas on foil-lined baking sheet and top half of each tortilla with ¼ BBQ chicken mixture. Fold in half and bake 15-20 minutes, or until heated through and lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and cut into triangles.