This lunchbox is packed with fiber and protein to keep your kiddo fueled all day at school! These cheese and bean quesadillas are simple to prep and easy to add veggies like spinach, peppers or mushrooms. Serve with guacamole for dipping and an added dose of good fats.
Nutrition Tip: Beans are one of the most affordable, sustainable proteins around. They’re also loaded with two kinds of fiber: soluble to help lower cholesterol levels and insoluble to help ward off constipation.
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox.
Looking for more lunchbox solutions?
- 25+ Nut Free Lunchbox Ideas
- 34+ Non-Sandwich Lunchbox Ideas
- 10+ Ways To Add More Fruits & Veggies To Your Child’s Lunchbox
- Ultimate Guide For Packing Healthy Lunches
- 12+ Gluten-free Lunchbox Ideas
- 1 large whole wheat tortilla
- 1/2 cup white beans, drained, rinsed, smashed
- 1/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 small apple, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. guacamole
- Heat skillet over medium heat.
- Spread smashed beans on tortilla. Top with cheese. Fold in half and place in skillet. Cook 2-3 minutes per side or until tortilla is crisp and cheese melts. Cut into fourths.
- Serve with guacamole and apple slices.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 326Total Fat: 12gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 446mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 18gSugar: 12gProtein: 12g