A protein-packed breakfast that’s ready in only 15 minutes? Yes, please! Breakfast burritos are a favorite in our house and these ones have just 6 ingredients for an easy, tasty and healthy breakfast. Bonus: you can freeze them!
Did you know? These tasty burritos are packed with sweet goodness! Sweet onions support heart health while sweet peppers regulate blood pressure and promote immune health.
Nutrition Tip: The vitamin C in these sweet peppers will help your kids absorb even more iron from the iron in the turkey, eggs, and tortilla. Iron is key during growth and development because it helps make amino acids, the building blocks of proteins.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 10 Pero Family Farms® mini sweet peppers, chopped
- 1 small RealSweet® sweet onion, chopped
- 4 turkey sausage links, sliced
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1/3 cup shredded Mexican-style cheese
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add peppers and onions, and cook 3-5 minutes, or until softened. Add sausage and heat through. Transfer to bowl and set aside.
- Return skillet to heat. Add eggs and cook 3-5 minutes, or until set.
- Lay tortillas on flat surface. Add eggs, veggies/sausage and cheese evenly to each. Roll up tightly.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 410Total Fat: 18gCholesterol: 307mgSodium: 722mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 2gSugar: 9gProtein: 22g