Enjoy this vibrant yet cozy bento box as you snuggle up and explore the colors of the rainbow through Eric Carle’s beloved children’s book Brown Bear, Brown Bear.
Challenge your little ones to eat a fruit or vegetable that matches the color of animals on the page and find out which is their favorite!
Nutrition Tip: This fruit-packed meal is naturally low in fat, sodium, and calories, and has cholesterol.
For other Eric Carle mealtime inspiration, check out a few of our other recipes based on his books.
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox.
Looking for more lunchbox ideas? We’ve got you covered with 70+ ideas including make-ahead ideas, non-sandwich lunches, ideas for repurposing leftovers, and vegetarian, nut-free and gluten-free recipes.
Or check out all of our back-to-school content on our blog. A few of our most popular posts include:
- The Ultimate Guide to Packing Healthy Lunchboxes
- After-School Snacks that Won’t Ruin Dinner
- The Best Lunchboxes for Kids
- 20 Lunchbox-Packing Tips & Hacks from Parents
- 3 graham cracker squares
- 1 tablespoon soy butter
- 3 banana slices
- 9 blueberries
- 1 cup assorted chopped fruit
- 3 mini sweet peppers, sliced into strips
- 1 tablespoon yogurt Ranch dressing
- Spread soy butter on graham crackers. Arrange banana slices and blueberries to create eyes and noses.
- In another container, add your choice of colorful fruit such as raspberries, cantaloupe, pineapple, honeydew, blueberries, and blackberries to create a Rainbow Fruit Salad.
- Serve with peppers and ranch.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 422Total Fat: 16gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 430mgCarbohydrates: 65gFiber: 7gSugar: 34gProtein: 7g