A healthy makeover for your next taco Tuesday! Kids will love to assemble their own taco salad bowls with a variety of toppings. Mix in more veggies like onions, shredded carrots and chopped sweet peppers.
- 4 (8-inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon homemade taco seasoning
- 1 (5 oz.) bag salad greens
- 1/2 cup shredded low-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup no-salt-added corn
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly spray both sides of tortillas with cooking spray. Turn a 12-cup muffin tin upside down and nestle tortillas in the space between 4 cups to form a bowl.
- Bake 10-15 minutes, or until firm and beginning to brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef and cook 7-10 minutes, or until browned and cooked through. Drain and return to skillet. Reduce heat to low, add taco seasoning and ¼ cup water and let simmer 1-2 minutes.
- Fill taco bowl with salad, ground beef, cheese, corn, tomato and avocado. Top with dressing.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 317Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gCholesterol: 84mgSodium: 217mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 30g