Ready for a fresh new chicken recipe? These Orange Maple Chicken Thighs use fresh squeezed orange juice, maple syrup, and thyme to add tons of flavor to this easy chicken dinner ready to serve in less than 20 minutes. Serve with quinoa and steamed veggies for a nutritious and easy weeknight meal.
I don’t know about you, but when it comes to chicken recipes, I sometimes get in a rut on what to make. We tend to stick with some of the basics and recipes that the kids enjoy like our Slow Cooker Chicken And Tomatoes. Well, I had some naval oranges that we picked up last week and I was thinking we needed something fresh, something citrusy.
These Orange Maple Chicken Thighs are probably one of my new favorite ways to cook chicken. The chicken thighs are tender and juicy, and the sauce is truly a winner for the whole family. Of course, we love this easy dinner recipe too because honestly you can get it on the table quickly and it is pretty budget friendly, too.
Recipe and photography courtesy of Jodi of Create Kids Club.
Nutrition Tip: Chicken contains a protein building block called tryptophan, which helps raise the levels of the “feel-good” brain chemical serotonin. Chicken is also a good source of high-quality protein, with about 18 grams in one medium thigh!
What we love about this Maple Orange Chicken Recipe
- Just seven ingredients
- Quick & Easy to make
- Healthy & Light
- Makes a perfect weeknight meal
- Chicken is juicy and cooked to perfection
- Family Friendly
Equipment needed to make these Orange Maple Chicken Thighs
Large Oven Safe Pot or Dutch Oven
Zester or Cheese Grater
Key Ingredients for these easy Orange Maple Chicken Thighs
- Chicken Thighs
- Naval Orange
- Maple Syrup
- Fresh Thyme
How to make this One Pot Orange Maple Chicken Thigh Dinner
First start by preheating the oven to 400F. Trim and prepare the chicken thighs if necessary.
Next season the chicken thighs with a little salt and pepper.
Then heat a large, oven-safe pot over medium heat. Add in the orange juice, maple syrup, and butter. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in the orange zest and thyme.
Then add the chicken thighs and cook for about five minutes. Flip the chicken over, place the pot into the oven and cook 10 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165F.
For golden brown chicken, place under broiler 3-5 minutes before removing from oven. Then serve hot with your favorite sides or vegetables for a complete meal.
Make sure to PIN IT!
What to serve with this easy chicken dinner
Orange Maple Chicken Thighs
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 navel orange juiced and zested (about 1/3 cup juice and 1 tsp. zest)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme (1/4 tsp. ground)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Heat large, oven-safe pot over medium heat. Add orange juice, maple syrup, and butter. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in orange zest and thyme. Add chicken thighs and cook 5 minutes. Flip chicken, place the pot into the oven and cook 10 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165F.
- For golden brown chicken, place under broiler 3-5 minutes before removing from oven.