Fresh squeezed orange juice, maple syrup, and thyme add tons of flavor to this easy chicken dinner ready to serve in less than 20 minutes. Serve with quinoa and steamed veggies for a nutritious and easy weeknight meal.
Recipe and photography courtesy of Jodi of Create Kids Club.
Nutrition Tip: Chicken contains a protein building block called tryptophan, which helps raise the levels of the “feel-good” brain chemical serotonin. Chicken is also a good source of high-quality protein, with about 18 grams in one medium thigh!
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Sunkist® Navel orange, juiced and zested (about 1/3 cup juice and 1 tsp. zest)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 sprigs sprigs fresh thyme, (1/4 tsp. ground)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Heat large, oven-safe pot over medium heat. Add orange juice, maple syrup, and butter. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in orange zest and thyme. Add chicken thighs and cook 5 minutes. Flip chicken, place the pot into the oven and cook 10 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165F.
- For golden brown chicken, place under broiler 3-5 minutes before removing from oven.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 245Total Fat: 8gCholesterol: 132mgSodium: 323mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 0gSugar: 12gProtein: 30g