This simple side dish of roasted potatoes, green beans and carrots is perfect to pair with any protein for dinner. Everything bakes on one sheet pan for quick and easy assembly and clean-up. Prep time is only 10 minutes and this easy side dish ready in under an hour.
Whether you’re looking for a side dish for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter or any weeknight, this is it!
Here’s how easy this recipe is:
- Half the potatoes and peel and cut the carrots.
- Toss with oil and seasonings.
- Spread out on baking sheet and bake. About halfway through, add your green beans and garlic, give it a toss and continue baking.
These roasted veggies are great to pair with your favorite protein for dinner or packed into individual meals for easy meal prep.
Not sure your family will like the carrots or green beans? Feel free to experiment with other veggies. We love roasted cauliflower, butternut squash, and more. There is just something about roasting vegetables that makes them taste better. At least that’s what my kids say 😉 And I’ll take it!
If you aren’t willing to add the extra veggies in this time around, try these roasted ranch potatoes, the kids are guaranteed to gobble them up.
Why we love this recipe
It’s easy. Plain and simple. I am all about easy meal ideas and easy clean up. Add in the fact that this is a nutritious side dish, that’s a mom win in my book. Want to make a whole sheet pan meal? Check out these quick and easy sheet pan meals.
- 2 pounds red potatoes, halved
- 3 large carrots, peeled, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme,
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12-ounce packaged green beans, ends trimmed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Mix potatoes, carrots, 1½ Tbsp. oil, thyme, salt and pepper in large bowl. Spread single layer on baking sheet and bake 20 minutes.
- Toss green beans, 1½ Tbsp. oil and garlic. Add to baking sheet and toss with potatoes and carrots. Return baking sheet to oven and cook additional 15-20 minutes, or until veggies are tender.