40+ Grab-and-Go Healthy Breakfast Ideas
Mornings are easier when you have a few of these grab and go healthy breakfast ideas up your sleeve. Getting out the door with a healthy breakfast in hand has never been easier!
Let’s face it – mornings are no picnic. Between getting kids dressed and fed (not to mention, remembering that today is Crazy Sock Day or Silly T-Shirt Day), packing lunches and making sure the kids’ backpacks are fully stocked with homework, getting out the door on time is never easy. That is why we wanted to share these 40+ Grab-and-Go Healthy Breakfast Ideas that can help you and your family get out the door a little quicker.
That’s why I love grab-and-go healthy breakfast ideas. The kids can eat them in the car on the way to school, saving me precious time in the morning. Whether whipping up a smoothie or having a batch of healthy muffins on hand, these grab and go healthy breakfast ideas will be a life-saver!
So whether your family is a muffin type of family or a smoothie family…we have you covered with these 40+ Grab-and-Go Healthy Breakfast Ideas! Make sure to stop on back and let us know if you gave any of these recipes a try!
40+ Grab-and-Go Healthy Breakfast Ideas
Breakfast Cookies & Granola Bars
Homemade breakfast cookies and granola bars are perfect to make on the weekend to have on hand all week for quick breakfasts, after-school snacks or to add to lunchboxes!
- No-Bake Granola Bites from Healthy Family Project
- Quinoa Granola Bar Cups from Fork & Beans
- Gluten-Free Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies from Iowa Girl Eats
- Apple Pie Snack Bars from Healthy Family Project
- Chia Seed Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Cookies from With Salt and Wit
- Nut-Free Snack Bars from Real Mom Nutrition
- Nutty Breakfast Cookies from Healthy Family Project
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies from The Lemon Bowl
- Cranberry Pecan Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies from Holley Grainger
- Apple Banana Protein Cookies – from Food Wine Sunshine
- No-Bake Cranberry Pistachio Energy Bites from Healthy Family Project
The possibilities are endless with muffins! Whether you want sweet or savory, there’s a combo out there for everyone. Bonus: most muffins are freezable so you can bake an extra batch now for later!
- Apple Pumpkin French Toast Muffins from Healthy Family Project
- Carrot Cake Breakfast Muffins From An Edible Mosaic
- Orange Carrot Raisin Mini Muffins from Healthy Family Project
- Carrot Butternut Whole Grain Muffins from Peas & Crayons
- Sweet Potato Banana Bites from The Lean Green Bean
- Mini Zucchini Bread Muffins from Healthy Family Project
- Mixed Berry Whole Wheat Muffins from Healthy Family Project
- Healthy Apple Spice Muffins from Overtime Cook
- Strawberry Banana Blender Muffins from Healthy Family Project
- Healthy Avocado Berry Muffins from Food Wine Sunshine
We love smoothies! They’re easy to blend up in the morning, can be packed with lots of fruits and veggies, and are completely portable. We love to make smoothie packs ahead of time using this Build Your Own Smoothie guide for quick and easy smoothies.
- Peach Pie Smoothie from Healthy Family Project
- Banana, Blueberry & Mango Smoothie from Healthy Family Project
- Fruity Greek Yogurt Smoothie from Aggie’s Kitchen
- Fruity Pumpkin Pie Smoothie from Healthy Family Project
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Smoothie from Meal Planning Magic
- Quick Banana Oatmeal Smoothie from Healthy Family Project
- Blueberry Avocado Smoothie from Healthy Family Project
When it comes to meal prep, overnight oats are at the top of the list. Just add your oats, liquid and toppings to mason jarsm shake and store in the refrigerator overnight. Like muffins, the combos are endless!
- Blueberry Cobbler Overnight Oats from Julie Harrington
- Morning Glory Overnight Oats from Healthy Family Project
- Mango Berry Overnight Oats from Spend with Pennies
- Pear & Almond Overnight Oats from Healthy Family Project
- Tropical Overnight Oats from Dessert Now, Dinner Later
Breakfast Wraps & Sandwiches
We can’t forget about the perfect hot breakfast! These breakfast sandwiches, wraps and more can be made ahead of time and reheated in the morning before heading out the door.
- Green Eggs & Ham Breakfast Sandwich from Healthy Family Project
- Crispy Baked Breakfast Taquitos from Valerie’s Kitchen
- Make-Ahead Freezable Breakfast Burritos from Healthy Family Project
- Personalized Frittatas from Simple Roots Wellness
- Cosmic Fruit Wrap from Healthy Family Project
- Easy Breakfast Roll-Ups from Home Cookie Memories
- Broccoli Cheese Crustless Quiches from Healthy Family Project
- Whole Wheat Spinach Cheddar Scones from Family Food on the Table
Take your meal planning game to a new level – join us on a Mission for Nutrition! Grab a free ebook with 5 simple and easy breakfast recipes for your family!
Follow #MissionForNutrition on Instagram for meal prep ideas and more.
Looking for more meal prep tips and healthy recipes? Check out these posts:
Ya’ll are mind readers! I was in need of recipes exactly like these this past weekend when we had to leave at 6:30 am for an 1.5 hour drive for my son’s soccer game. Something healthy to eat on the go before an important game was exactly what he needed. As there are more games to come like this, I will certainly try several of these out. Any ideas for energy providing light meals/snacks in between games during tournaments?
We do! There’s a section on our blog with ideas for little athletes. Check it out here: https://www.healthyfamilyproject.com/tag/sports-nutrition/
You guys should post more unhealthy stuff for us fatties ! Only joking my kiddies love the Chia Seed Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Cookies. My Teagan and Amy love them so much and with another on the way i’m sure he will love them. My husband Oscar loves the Apple Pumpkin French Toast Muffins when he is on the way to the office !
Really good i’ll try them!
Thank you for sharing this. Going to grab some ideas for breakfast. Really they are going to help to stay fit. Thanks for sharing helpful hints which are going to help us a lot