Three of my favorite things in a muffin! These apple pumpkin muffins are healthy, delicious, and prepped in just 15 minutes.
Fall is here and that means it’s time to celebrate all things fall. Like apples and pumpkin. And comforting breakfasts with a warm cup of cocoa or a latte. So, I decided to combine all things fall and yummy breakfast into an easy to make fall muffin recipe. Apple and pumpkin are two must-have fall flavors, and they pair perfectly in these no-sugar-added French toast muffins!
These apple pumpkin muffins actually freeze well too, so if you like to meal-plan like I do, I definitely recommend making a double-batch of these so on those mornings where you are running out of the house and realize no one had breakfast, you can grab one of these muffins and be on your way!
Key Ingredients To Make Apple Pumpkin French Toast Muffins
- Milk – we used almond milk
- Pumpkin puree
- Pumpkin spice
- French bread
How To Freeze
I like wrapping my muffins individually in press n’ seal to help prevent freezer burn before putting them in a freezer bag, but you don’t have to. I do recommend it though. Your apple pumpkin muffins will last in the freezer for up to 3 months. My guess is they won’t last that long though 😉
When you are ready to eat, simply allow your muffin to thaw on the counter or toss it in the microwave for 10 seconds at a time.
If you are keeping your muffins in the refrigerator, they will be good for up to a week. This apple pumpkin french toast muffin recipe makes 12 muffins, so depending on the size of your family, everyone can have one a day for breakfast for a few days. I love easy breakfast recipes!
For a sweeter flavor, top your muffin with a touch of honey or pure maple syrup.
Want to leave the bread out? Try these Apple Pumpkin Muffins.
Get more seasonal inspired recipes with our free e-cookbook.
Nutrition Tip: Canned pumpkin puree is low in calories and a good source of fiber and Vitamin A.
Apple Pumpkin French Toast Muffins
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 Gala apple finely chopped
- 1 12 oz. loaf French bread, torn into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray 12 medium muffin cups with cooking spray
- Whisk eggs, egg whites, milk, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and pumpkin in bowl until frothy.
- Combine apples and bread in separate bowl. Pour egg mixture on top, stir and let sit 5 minutes. Press mixture evenly into muffin tin.
- Bake 45 minutes, or until tops begin to brown and are cooked through. Immediately run knife around edges of muffins to loosen and remove from muffin tins.