Apple and pumpkin are two must-have fall flavors, and they pair perfectly in these no-sugar-added French toast muffins! For quick breakfasts, make a batch of these ahead of time and freeze. For a sweeter flavor, top with honey or pure maple syrup.
Get more fresh takes on holiday favorites with our free e-cookbook.
Nutrition Tip: Canned pumpkin puree is low in calories and a good source of fiber and Vitamin A.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 Gala apple, finely chopped
- 1 (12 oz.) loaf French bread, torn into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray 12 medium muffin cups with cooking spray
- Whisk eggs, egg whites, milk, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and pumpkin in bowl until frothy.
- Combine apples and bread in separate bowl. Pour egg mixture on top, stir and let sit 5 minutes. Press mixture evenly into muffin tin.
- Bake 45 minutes, or until tops begin to brown and are cooked through. Immediately run knife around edges of muffins to loosen and remove from muffin tins.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 221Total Fat: 3gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 357mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 11g