These muffins are a little taste of fall thanks to apples, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice. Freeze extra muffins (if they aren’t all gobbled up!) and defrost at room temperature.
Nutrition Tip: Pumpkin puree is a source of beta carotene, which is an antioxidant that protects your healthy cells from damage by free radicals.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 Honeycrisp apple, peeled, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix flour, sugar, pumpkin spice, baking soda and baking powder in large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Beat eggs in separate bowl. Mix in pumpkin puree and oil.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just combined. Do not overmix. Fold in apple.
- Line muffin pan with baking cups. Fill each muffin cup ¾ full and bake 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 394Total Fat: 12.17gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 332mgCarbohydrates: 63.33gFiber: 4gProtein: 11.85g