Bring your love of all things pumpkin to the breakfast table with these easy pumpkin spice pancakes! Ready in under 20 minutes, your whole family will love these healthy pumpkin pancakes.
I love everything about Fall. The weather starts to cool down (finally), apples are a plenty and just about everything you see has been pumpkin spice-ified. Yes, I just made up that word 🙂 But, you know what I am talking about! This time of year, you can find just about everything you could ever imagine with a pumpkin spice flavor. I’m not complaining though, I love pumpkin spice season!
But did you know that pumpkin is actually good for us? Pumpkin has so many health benefits! Pumpkin helps our immune system, it’s collagen-building (woman over 40 here…yes please!) and it’s loaded with Vitamin A and Vitamin C. And that’s just to name a few.
So, while you are baking and cooking all things pumpkin this season, you can feel good about the extra nutrients you are giving your family.
Like these Easy Pumpkin Spice Pancakes.
First of all, I love easy recipes, especially for breakfast. Second, these are pumpkin spice pancakes. Did I mention I love all things pumpkin? YUM.
These easy pumpkin pancakes use simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry. Feel free to top with maple syrup or fruit for an added touch of sweetness. Top with granola or nuts for a bit of crunch. Or top with maple syrup, fruit and nuts!
Nutrition Tip: Pumpkin is rich in vitamin A, which is involved in immune system activity. Just a half-cup of pumpkin has more than 200 percent of daily needs!
Looking for more pumpkin recipes? Here are a few of our other favorite recipes using pumpkin:
- Kid Friendly Pumpkin Spice Latte – this pairs perfectly with these pancakes.
- Apple Pumpkin French Toast Muffins
- Pumpkin Empanadas
- Pumpkin Angel Food Cake
Easy Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup 1% milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract or vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat griddle or pan to medium heat.
- Whisk pumpkin, milk, egg, oil and almond extract in large bowl. Add flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Stir until incorporated but don’t over mix.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup of batter onto pan. Cook 2 minutes, or until edges are cooked and bubble begin to form on top. Flip and cook additional 2 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Top with maple syrup, fruit and/or nuts.