Bring your love of all things pumpkin to the breakfast table with these easy pumpkin spice pancakes! Using simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry, this breakfast comes together in just a few minutes. Top with maple syrup, fruit or nuts for a tastier pancake.
Nutrition Tip: Pumpkin is rich in vitamin A, which is involved in immune system activity. Just a half-cup of pumpkin has more than 200 percent of daily needs!
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup 1% milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (or vanilla)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat griddle or pan to medium heat.
- Whisk pumpkin, milk, egg, oil and almond extract in large bowl. Add flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Stir until incorporated but don’t over mix.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup of batter onto pan. Cook 2 minutes, or until edges are cooked and bubble begin to form on top. Flip and cook additional 2 minutes, or until cooked through.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 2 pancakes
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 325Total Fat: 10gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 231mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 5gSugar: 7gProtein: 9g