Ready in minutes this Greek Chicken Bowls recipe is perfect for meal prep and meal planning for the week. Make the rice and chicken ahead of time and just assemble! While this post is sponsored by RealSweet Onions, all opinions are our own.
Confession. This is the first time I have made Greek Chicken Bowls. WHAT?! I know! Where have I been?? Under a rock apparently. Oh my goodness you guys, if you haven’t made these yet, you really have to. They are really easy to make, I mean really easy to make, and they are loaded with flavor. You can eat these Greek Chicken Bowls cold or you can warm up the rice and chicken. Either way, they’re delicious. Healthy too 🙂
One of the wonderful things about serving bowls for dinner (or lunch!) is that they are completely customizable. You and your kids can add extra of some ingredients or leave off something else, making everyone happy at meal time.
What I love about these Greek Chicken Bowls is that they are internationally-inspired, which gave us the opportunity as a family to talk about National Nutrition Month. You all know that we love creating healthy recipes, but sometimes we get in a meal-rut, so challenging ourselves with this year’s theme of Celebrating A World Of Flavors was actually a lot of fun. And my kids loved trying new flavors.
As I mentioned, these Greek bowls can be served warm or cold, so they are great for meal prep! I made a huge batch of rice on Sunday using our rice cooker and then I used that rice in this recipe, our Chicken Curry and the Sweet Kale Fried Rice. Having the rice ready to go made mealtime a lot easier!
What makes this recipe “Greek”?
Olives, feta and tzatziki sauce are Greek or Greek-inspired ingredients.
Easy Greek Chicken Bowls Key Ingredients
- Chicken – you can use pre-cooked chicken, shredded chicken or rotisserie chicken to save on prep time.
- RealSweet Sweet Onion
- Cherry tomatoes
- Tzatziki Sauce – you can use store bought or make your own.
Wanna save on the carbs and skip the rice? Try cauliflower rice or serve all the other ingredients on top of your favorite mix of greens.
As you can see, you only need a few ingredients to meal prep these Greek Chicken Bowls….and you may have all the ingredients on hand right now! The only ingredients I had to run to the store to grab was the Fat Free Mediterranean Herb Feta Cheese. I almost always have feta in the refrigerator, but I really wanted to try the Mediterranean Herb for this Greek-inspired recipe.
Ok, are you guys ready to get started making these healthy Greek Bowls with chicken? I know I am getting hungry just talking about them!
Greek Chicken Bowls – Easy Meal Prep Recipe
- 1 cup Cooked white or brown rice
- 1 Cooked chicken breast cut into slices. Use pre-cooked, pre-sliced chicken to save time.
- 1 RealSweet Sweet Onion sliced
- Cherry tomatoes – we used Nature Fresh Ombre Tomatoes add to taste
- ¼ Cucumber cut into quarters
- Black Olives add to taste
- 2 tbsp Feta Cheese we used Fat Free Mediterranean Herb Feta
- 1 tbsp Tzatziki Sauce this is found in the deli section, but you can also make your own
- Place the rice and chicken in a bowl and warm it if desired.
- Top with RealSweet Sweet Onion slices, tomatoes, cucumbers and black olives.
- Sprinkle on feta cheese.
- Add a tablespoon or two of Tzatziki sauce.
Take your meal planning game to a new level – join us on a Mission for Nutrition! Grab a free ebook with 6 simple and easy recipes and meal prep ideas for your family!
Follow #MissionForNutrition on Instagram for meal prep ideas and more.
Looking for more meal prep tips and healthy recipes? Check out these posts: