Tzatziki is flavorful, easy to make, and perfect to serve with your favorite vegetables as a snack. Prepped in just 10 minutes, we recommend making extra!
Need a new veggie dip or at least a healthier spin on one? You’re just five ingredients away from this quick and easy tzatziki recipe! Serve this dip chilled with your favorite veggies for an after-school snack or a fun party dip. It also adds flavor to your favorite wraps, sandwiches and salads.
So the last few weeks I have been on a Greek inspired food kick. We made our meal prep Greek Chicken Bowls, some Greek Salads, and even Greek Meatball Buddha Bowls! There is just something about the zesty flavors, the creamy feta cheese, and the way I feel after eating the dishes. Well, what is better than the traditional Tzatziki sauce to go with these dishes?
Nutrition Tip: Greek yogurt has about twice the protein, half the sodium, and half the carbohydrates as regular yogurt.
What is Tzatziki Dip?
Tzatziki Dip is a classic Greek condiment generally made up of yogurt, fresh herbs, and cucumber. The sauce is served with small appetizers and as a condiment to accompany meats as well.
In this 5- Ingredient Tzatziki Dip recipe, we keep it simple. You don’t need anything fancy to make it just a grater, a citrus juicer, and a knife. So grab your favorite serving bowl and whip out a batch today!
- Greek Yogurt– this awesome protein packed yogurt is one of our favorite ingredients. Loaded with calcium for strong bones, great for our digestive tracks, and can help boost our metabolism.
- Cucumber– we grate cucumber in this recipe for a light flavor with all of the benefits. Cucumber is mostly made up of water so we are rehydrating as we enjoy it.
- Garlic– we always associate garlic with its flavor, but did you know that garlic is a super healthy power food. It has had medicinal purposes for hundreds of years.
- Dill– you should be able to find dill easily in the produce department of the grocery store. Or if you grow your own- even better!
- Lemon Juice– Obviously you can just squeeze a fresh lemon for the juice or if you buy lemon juice, that works, too.
How to make this Healthy 5-Ingredient Tzatziki Dip
This recipe is very simple. First wash and grate the cucumber. Then peel and finely mince the garlic.
Then in a medium size bowl, add all of the ingredients together and mix well. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Make sure to PIN IT!
What to serve with this easy Tzatziki Dip
- Your favorite dipping veggies- Cucumbers, bell peppers, carrots, etc.
- Vegan Greek Pita
- Gyros- any kind
- Alongside other dips such as Hummus for a snack board.
- As a light drizzle over a chicken salad or Greek Salad
- On Mini Mediterranean Chopped Salad Flatbreads
5-Ingredient Tzatziki Dip
- 16 ounces plain lowfat Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoon dill chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cucumber grated
- Combine yogurt, dill, lemon juice, garlic, cucumber in bowl and mix well. Chill for 30 minutes before serving.