Meatballs get a Greek spin with ground turkey, green onion, spinach and fresh dill. Served over a bed of Greek salad with bell peppers, tomatoes and cucumbers, this recipe screams all things fresh. Try topping with a little Greek yogurt, adding olives or sprinkling with fresh herbs.
Nutrition Tip: Spinach provides the body with an ample amount of vitamin K, which is vital for healthy blood clotting. Cooking raw spinach down gives you the opportunity to sneak it into dips, eggs, and even oatmeal!
- 1 pound lean ground turkey breast
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 Lakeside Seedless Euro Cucumber, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine turkey, garlic, green onions, egg, spinach, breadcrumbs, dill, salt and pepper in large bowl. Mix well. Shape into 16 golf ball-sized meatballs.
- Place meatballs on parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, divide salad kit into 4 bowls. Top with meatballs, red peppers, tomatoes and cucumber.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 267Total Fat: 9gCholesterol: 124mgSodium: 428mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 35g