A delicious twist on the classic PB&J. I added sweetpotatoes and used fresh fruit, then rolled it all in a tortilla to make taquitos! Ready in under 30 minutes, these air fryer PBJ Sweetpotato Taquitos are a great snack or lunch option.
Yep. You read that right, Peanut Butter and Jelly SWEETPOTATO Taquitos. I mean, at first glance you may think I’m crazy, but if you really think about it, what’s not to love about peanut butter and jelly with the added nutrients and natural sweetness of sweetpotatoes?? Healthy. Nutritious. Naturally sweet. Delicious. I mean, count me in!
Oh, and did I mention there isn’t actually jelly…I used fresh fruit! Seriously, so good. Again, natural sweetness and added nutrients.
So last week I met my air fryer. We took a few to warm up to each other, but once I started making sweetpotato taquitos we became good friends 🙂 New to using an air fryer too? Check out these Air Fryer Tips & Tricks.
I made Sweetpotato and Black Bean Taquitos for dinner and everyone loved them, they are actually vegan and I didn’t try for that…so, that was an added bonus! Since everyone loved the taquitos and I love how fast sweetpotatoes are ready in the air fryer, I decided to get a little creative and make something a little fun for lunch or a sweet treat.
Hello Air Fryer PBJ Sweetpotato Taquitos.
If you haven’t had a taquito before, it’s basically a rolled tortilla filled with whatever you would like! Sweetpotatoes make a great filler for taquitos because they are healthy, nutritious, loaded with vitamins and very versatile. I mean, I used sweetpotatoes to make a taco-type taquito as well as a PBJ taquito…and they were equally as delicious. I have zero leftovers of either variety, and that’s saying a lot from my crew.
Peanut Butter Fruit and Sweetpotato Taquito Key Ingredients
- Peanut Butter – or your favorite nut butter or nut-free butter
- Fresh fruit – I used blueberries and raspberries
- Tortillas – I used the low-carb variety
PBJ Sweetpotato Taquito Simple Substitutions
- Your favorite nut butter or nut-free butter
- Jelly – but be careful because it will get HOT in the air fryer
Why we love PB&J Sweetpotato Taquitos
- They are a fun way to eat more sweetpotatoes.
- Who doesn’t love a spin on a classic peanut butter and jelly?
- They are delicious.
- Less than 5 ingredients.
- Ready in under 30 minutes.
How do you make PBJ Sweetpotato Taquitos?
I roasted the sweetpotato cubes in the air fryer, then mixed the sweetpotatoes and peanut butter in a bowl. Then, all I did was lay out the tortillas and fill them with the pb and sweetpotato mixture and fresh blueberries and raspberries, roll them up and toss them in the air fryer. The result is a warm, comforting version of a peanut butter and jelly. So, let’s make some!
PBJ Sweetpotato Taquitos
- ½ cup peanut butter or your favorite nut butter or nut-free butter
- 1 cup sweetpotatoes peeled and diced small.
- 1 cup blueberries and raspberries washed and dried
- 8 small flour tortillas I used the low-carb variety
- Preheat air fryer.
- Add the diced sweetpotato to the air fryer basket and lightly spray with olive oil spray.
- Cook the sweetpotato cubes for 10 minutes at 400 degrees. Shake once or twice.
- Once sweetpotatoes are done, add them to a medium bowl, add the peanut butter and mix well.
- Lay the tortillas out on the counter and place 1-2 tablespoons of the sweetpotato mixture into each tortilla.
- Add fresh fruit right next to the peanut butter and sweetpotato mixture.
- Roll each tortilla tightly, like a cigar. And place the rolled tortilla, seam side down, in the air fryer.
- Fill the air fryer basket (it will fit about 8 rolled tortillas).
- Spray the tortillas lightly with the olive oil spray.
- Cook in the air fryer for 6-7 minutes at 400°.
- Enjoy warm or cold…they are delicious either way!