Healthy, easy to make, and ready in under an hour! The whole family will love these orange carrot mini muffins!
Are you ready for a new muffin recipe that is bursting with fresh flavors and is perfect all year long? These Orange Carrot Raisin Mini Muffins are great for a grab-and-go breakfast or snack option. Make an extra batch to toss in the freezer for the busy back to school time.
My kids and myself love muffins. They think they are getting a treat and I love how easy and versatile they are to make. These Orange and Carrot mini muffins with raisins are loaded with the good stuff. They are perfect for breakfast, as a sweet snack throughout the day, or even as a healthy dessert option.
Nutrition Tip: You may have been told that carrots are great for eye health, but have you heard about their impact on oral health? These root vegetables have been shown to help prevent tooth decay and keep gums healthy because of the antioxidants they contain.
What we love about these Orange Carrot Raisin Mini Muffins
A couple of years ago I bought a mini muffin pan and have been having fun making different muffin recipes. We love our Mini Zucchini Bread Muffins and I wanted to make something fresh for Spring and Summer. The light citrus flavors of these mini muffins make these a great choice to brighten up your morning. These muffins will be great to send the kids with when school starts back up, too!
I love these muffins are great for so many reasons:
- Easy to make
- Loaded with carrots and raisins
- Healthy Snack or Grab and Go Breakfast
Baking with Carrots
Don’t think you can get away with adding carrots into your muffins? Carrots are easy to bake with. Like shredded zucchini, they bake right into the muffin. Plus they are naturally sweet. Most of us know that carrots are loaded with Vitamin A & C. They are great for your vision and skin health.
How to make these Orange Carrot Raisin Mini Muffins
First preheat the oven to 350°F.
Next zest the orange. Cut the orange in half and juice it to yield 1/4 cup of juice.
Then mix the eggs, applesauce, vanilla and 1/4 cup of the juice in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed 2 minutes, or until smooth.
Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and orange zest in a separate bowl.
Next slowly incorporate dry ingredients into wet ingredients until well blended. Fold in the carrots and raisins.
Spoon the batter into a greased mini-muffin tin and bake for about 35-40 minutes, or a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean. Remove from muffin tins and let cool. Enjoy fresh or freeze!
Make sure to PIN IT!
Additions & Substitutions:
- All purpose flour can be used instead of whole wheat.
- You can use cinnamon flavored applesauce.
- Want to add some fiber? Add 1-2 tablespoons of ground flax seed.
Orange Carrot Raisin Mini Muffins
- 1 large Sunkist® Navel orange
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup no-sugar-added applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 10 ounces matchstick carrots chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Zest orange. Cut in half and juice to yield 1/4 cup juice.
- Mix eggs, applesauce, vanilla and 1/4 cup juice in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed 2 minutes, or until smooth.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and orange zest in separate bowl.
- Slowly incorporate dry ingredients into wet ingredients until well blended. Fold in carrots and raisins.
- Spoon batter into greased mini-muffin tin and bake 35-40 minutes, or a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean. Remove from muffin tins and let cool.