Pumpkin is loaded with fiber and vitamins, so adding it to a smoothie is a healthy way to start your day. We added a tropical twist on this fall favorite. This Tropical Fruit and Pumpkin Smoothie is ready in minutes!
I absolutely love starting my day with a smoothie. Making smoothies is an easy and delicious way to start your day. Plus, they are healthy! Smoothies are super simple to customize and adjust to your liking. I have added everything from avocados to celery to pumpkin to my smoothie creations. Pumpkin may not be the obvious choice when you are thinking of ingredients to add to your smoothie, but it actually blends really well with whatever flavors you are using.
Plus, pumpkin is really good for you. Pumpkin is loaded with fiber, so it helps keep us fuller longer and it is filled with vitamins. Check out all the health benefits of pumpkin. You may be surprised!
Whether you have a can or two of leftover pumpkin puree from the holidays or maybe you just want to create a deliciously healthy smoothie, you have to try this tropical spin on a pumpkin smoothie.
- Pumpkin Puree
- Pomegranate Juice
Simple Substitutions or Additions
- Use milk instead of yogurt. Use regular milk, almond milk, etc. Whatever your preference.
- We used vanilla yogurt, feel free to use any flavor you would like!
- Get creative with the fruits, since this smoothie has a tropical twist, try pineapple.
- Avocados are always a nutritious and creamy addition to smoothies.
Tropical Fruit & Pumpkin Smoothie
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 cups lowfat vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup baby spinach loosely packed
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 medium banana
- 1 medium mango chopped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place pumpkin, yogurt, spinach, juice, banana, mango, cinnamon and cloves into blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.