Creamy, protein-filled and satisfying, this vegetarian sandwich is perfect for picnics or cut into small sandwiches for parties.
Nutrition Tip: The healthy fats contained in hummus are polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats. Eating these types of fats may help improve blood cholesterol levels, decrease the risk of heart disease, and help control blood sugar.
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox.
Looking for more lunchbox solutions?
- 25+ Nut Free Lunchbox Ideas
- 34+ Non-Sandwich Lunchbox Ideas
- 10+ Ways To Add More Fruits & Veggies To Your Child’s Lunchbox
- Ultimate Guide For Packing Healthy Lunches
- 12+ Gluten-free Lunchbox Ideas
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 1/4 cup hummus
- 1/4 cup mashed avocado
- 4 Romaine lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 2 mini cucumbers, sliced lenghtwise
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Toast bread.
- Spread hummus and guacamole on 1 slice of bread. Top with salad, cheese, cucumber and tomato. Top with second slice of bread.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 381Total Fat: 9.7gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 452mgCarbohydrates: 59.3gFiber: 9.8gProtein: 15.1g