If your kids loved flavored syrup but you don’t love the ingredient list, this simple 3-ingredient homemade grape syrup is perfect for you. Get your kids involved in helping to prep the grapes for roasting. Plus, this homemade syrup keeps for up to 2 weeks in the fridge or 3 months in the freezer. Perfect for topping waffles, pancakes and more.
Nutrition Tip: Frozen grapes make for an easy snack, and the resveratrol present in this fruit has been shown to reduce the risk of CVD.
- 3 pounds grapes, stems removed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Arrange grapes single layer on parchment-lined baking sheet. Roast grapes 45-55 minutes, or until grapes begin to split. Remove from oven and transfer to blender. Remove cap from blender lid and cover with a clean kitchen towel or otherwise vent blender to let steam release. Blend until smooth, then strain through a metal strainer to remove skins.
- Transfer juice to bowl and add honey and lemon juice. Simmer until combined.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or 3 months in freezer.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 45Total Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 0g