Made with just 3 ingredients, this roasted grape syrup is delicious on pancakes, waffles and even in sparkling water.
If your kids loved flavored syrup but you don’t love the ingredient list, this simple 3-ingredient homemade grape syrup recipe is perfect for you. We walk you step by step on How to Make Roasted Grape Syrup in just a few simple steps. Plus, this homemade syrup keeps for up to 2 weeks in the fridge or 3 months in the freezer. Perfect for topping waffles, pancakes and more.
Nutrition Tip: Frozen grapes make for an easy snack, and the resveratrol present in this fruit has been shown to reduce the risk of CVD.
Okay, I know what you are thinking, that making your own syrup at home sounds hard. And I understand. That is why this simple Roasted Grape Syrup is the perfect recipe to try. Just three ingredients and few easy steps will have you on your way to enjoying fresh syrup on all of your favorite breakfast items. This would even be perfect to serve up on a Breakfast Grazing board!
I always like to have the kids help in the kitchen with recipes like this so that they see how to make things from scratch. I let my kids place the grapes on the pan and transport them to the blender, too!
What you need for this Three Ingredient Roasted Grape Syrup
How to Make Grape Syrup
First preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and get out your favorite baking pan and some parchment paper.
How to Roast Grapes in the oven
Start by washing your grapes and then arranging them on a single layer on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Place them in the oven and roast the grapes for about 45-55 minutes, or until the grapes begin to split.
Next remove from the oven and transfer the roasted grapes to a blender. Remove the cap from the blender lid and cover with a clean kitchen towel or otherwise vent blender to let steam release. Blend until smooth, then strain through a metal strainer to the remove skins.
Sweetening the grape syrup
Transfer the blended juice to a pot or sauce pan and add in the honey and the lemon juice. Give it a stir and heat on the stove over low heat and simmer until combined.
Storing the syrup
Once cooled, pour the syrup into containers of choice. You can use any air tight container, glass jars, or even Zip-lock bags.
How long will homemade Grape Syrup Last
This roasted grape syrup will last in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or 3 months in freezer if stored properly.
What to use Grape Syrup On?
- Whole Grain or Multi-grain Waffles
- As a sweetened in soda water
- As a topping to frozen yogurt or ice cream
Make sure to PIN IT!
Roasted Grape Syrup
- 3 pounds grapes stems removed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Arrange grapes single layer on parchment-lined baking sheet. Roast grapes 45-55 minutes, or until grapes begin to split. Remove from oven and transfer to blender. Remove cap from blender lid and cover with a clean kitchen towel or otherwise vent blender to let steam release. Blend until smooth, then strain through a metal strainer to remove skins.
- Transfer the juice to a pot or pan and add honey and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer on the stove and simmer until combined.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or 3 months in freezer.