During warmer months, it’s time to break out the grill! When grilling up chicken, we always grill up a few extra pieces to have on hand for easy and delicious salads. This recipe combines grilled chicken, sweet grapes and apples, onions, goat cheese, and walnuts with an easy homemade vinaigrette for a light but filling salad.
Note: Whether you make your chicken ahead, or right before serving salad, bring your chicken to room temperature before adding to the salad.
Nutrition Tip: Grapes are loaded with polyphenols, like resveratrol, the same heart-healthy plant compounds in wine. If you spot grapes in the store with a powdery white coating, that’s okay! It’s a natural protection against moisture loss, which means the grapes are fresh (simply rinse it off at home.)
Grilled Chicken and Grape Salad
- 1 (5 oz.) bag salad greens
- 1 pound sliced grilled chicken breast
- 1 cup sliced red grapes
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- 1/4 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 ounces crumbled goat cheese
Berry Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon strawberry preserves
- Add salad greens to large serving bowl. Top with chicken, grapes, apples, onion, walnuts and cheese.
- Prepare vinaigrette by combining balsamic vinegar, oil and strawberry preserves in glass jar or container. Seal and shake until thoroughly combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and shake well again. Drizzle desired amount on salad when serving. Store leftover dressing in refrigerator 3-5 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 394Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 77mgSodium: 140mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 2gSugar: 14gProtein: 32g