Love ice cream but not all the calories? Frozen yogurt is a healthier alternative with less fat! This homemade version is flavored with fresh blueberries and given a pop of fun with crumbled graham crackers. Make a batch for family movie night, birthday parties or just to enjoy as a family.
Recipe created in partnership with Wish Farms.
Nutrition Tip: One of the few fruits that are native to North America, blueberries pack vitamin C to strengthen the immune system, plus about four grams of fiber per cup to help keep kids full (and regular).
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoon water
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 cups vanilla yogurt
- 3 graham crackers, crumbled
- Mix cornstarch and water in small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add blueberries and sugar. Cook 3-4 minutes, stirring and using fork to mash blueberries as they cook. Once blueberries begin to break down, add cornstarch/water mixture. Increase heat to medium and cook 3 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool completely. If desired, strain blueberries through a mesh strainer to remove skins.
- Place yogurt in freezer-safe container. Mix in blueberry sauce and graham crackers.
- Freeze 6 hours, stirring mid-way through.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 104Total Fat: 4gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 64mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 4g