Looking for a healthy dessert? Try this easy to make Blueberry Frozen Yogurt. Made with fresh blueberries and prepped in just 10 minutes, your whole family will love this! Note: The post is sponsored by Wish Farms. All opinions are our own.
Love ice cream but not all the calories? Frozen yogurt is a healthier alternative with less fat! This Blueberry Swirl Frozen Yogurt is a homemade version that is flavored with fresh blueberries and given a pop of fun with crumbled graham crackers. Make a batch for family movie night, birthday parties or just to enjoy as a family.
Nutrition Tip: One of the few fruits that are native to North America, blueberries pack vitamin C to strengthen the immune system, plus about four grams of fiber per cup to help keep kids full (and regular).
I am sure that you and your family loves ice cream as much as the rest of us. It is one of our favorite treats during the warmer months. And there is nothing wrong with a good scoop of ice cream here and there. Actually since it is a dairy product, there are some good qualities to it. But I do like to have healthier treats around for when the kids and myself are craving something sweet.
This Blueberry Swirl Frozen Yogurt is honestly a wonderful combination that is perfect for Summer. Grab those blueberries while they are in season and some vanilla yogurt to make this easy frozen treat. The fresh blueberries not only taste great, they obviously are a power food for so many reasons.
What we love about Blueberries
Most of us know that blueberries are a power house when it comes to nutritional value. But do you know what some of the benefits are? Blueberries are loaded with antioxidants that can help slow down the aging process in our bodies. They are actually great for our memory and mental health. These little berries also have cancer fighting properties, are great for our vision health, and are loaded with fiber.
Key Ingredients for this Blueberry Frozen Yogurt
- Vanilla Yogurt
- Graham Crackers
What you need to make this Blueberry Swirl Frozen Yogurt
You do not need any fancy equipment or ice cream maker for this recipe. All you need is a sauce pan and a freezable container.
How to make this Blueberry Swirl Frozen Yogurt
First start by mixing the cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Set the mixture aside.
Then heat a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add in the fresh blueberries and the sugar. Cook for about 3-4 minutes, stirring and using a fork to mash the blueberries as they cook.
Once the blueberries begin to break down, add in the cornstarch/water mixture. Increase the heat to medium and cook 3 minutes longer. Remove from heat and let cool completely. If desired, you can strain the blueberries through a mesh strainer to remove the skins.
Next place the yogurt in a freezer-safe container. Mix in the blueberry sauce and graham crackers.
Then freeze for at least 6 hours, stirring mid-way through. Serve and enjoy!
We also love using this Blueberry Frozen Yogurt to make our version of ice cream sandwiches….so good! Grab the full instructions for this fun variation in the Recipe Notes below.
Make sure to PIN IT!
Blueberry Swirl Frozen Yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoon water
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 cups vanilla yogurt
- 3 graham crackers crumbled
- Mix cornstarch and water in small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add blueberries and sugar. Cook 3-4 minutes, stirring and using fork to mash blueberries as they cook.
- Once blueberries begin to break down, add cornstarch/water mixture. Increase heat to medium and cook 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool completely. If desired, strain blueberries through a mesh strainer to remove skins.
- Place yogurt in freezer-safe container. Mix in blueberry sauce and graham crackers.
- Freeze 6 hours, stirring mid-way through.
- Line a 9×9 baking Pan with plastic wrap
- Line the bottom of the baking dish with graham crackers.
- Top with blueberry froyo mix and use spatula to spread the mixture evenly over the crackers.
- Top with another layer of graham crackers.
- Freeze for 4 hours or until yogurt mix has fully set.
- Remove from the pan and cut knife to cut into ice cream sandwiches.