These Berry Cherry Frozen Yogurt Bites are a healthy and delicious snack that is perfect for summertime. A fun, fruity way to eat yogurt! These frozen yogurt bites are perfectly portioned and bite-sized for little ones. Packed with protein and crunchy nuts, they’re also a healthful dessert.
These bite-sized treats are made with fresh berries and cherries, and they are a good source of fiber. The yogurt in these bites is also a good source of probiotics, which can help improve gut health.
Why You Should Get More Berries in Your Diet
There are many benefits to getting more berries in your diet, including their high levels of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. Berries are also a good source of fiber and have been shown to help improve heart health and cognitive function. Getting more berries in your diet can be as simple as adding them to your breakfast or snack time routine. Here are some easy ways to get more berries into your diet:
- Add berries to your morning oatmeal or yogurt – like these Berry Cherry Frozen Yogurt Bites.
- Make a smoothie with berries, milk, and yogurt for a quick and healthy snack.
- Enjoy a bowl of mixed berries for dessert topped with whipped cream or frozen yogurt.
- Pack a bag of frozen berries for on-the-go snacking.
How Long Will the Berry Cherry Frozen Yogurt Bites Last in the Freezer?
Berry Cherry Frozen Yogurt Bites should last for up to two months in the freezer. However, it is important to note that this is only an estimate and that the actual shelf life may be shorter or longer depending on a number of factors.
One factor that can affect the shelf life of Berry Cherry Frozen Yogurt Bites is how they are stored. If they are stored in an airtight container, they will last longer than if they are not. Another factor is the temperature of the freezer. If the freezer is set too cold, the bites may become hard and difficult to eat.
Why Greek Yogurt? Can’t I Use A Different Type?
Here are just a few of the many reasons why Greek yogurt is the perfect choice for this snack:
1. Greek yogurt is packed with protein and calcium, which are essential for maintaining strong bones and muscles.
2. Greek yogurt is also a good source of probiotics, which can help improve digestion and immunity.
3. Greek yogurt has a lower sugar content than regular yogurt, so it’s a great option for those watching their waistline.
4. Greek yogurt is incredibly versatile – it can be used in smoothies, baking recipes, or simply enjoyed on its own.
While you could use a different type of yogurt, we can’t guarantee the consistency or flavor will be the same. We recommend using a Greek yogurt for this recipe as it’s nice and thick. But, getting in the kitchen is all about experimenting! So, if you’re okay with having to throw away some ingredients, we say experiment to your heart’s content!
I’m Allergic to Pistachios? What Are the Best Alternatives?
When it comes to nuts, there are a lot of different options to choose from. But what if you’re looking for something that’s a little bit different from the usual suspects? Here are some of the best alternatives to pistachios.
Cashews are a great option if you’re looking for something that’s a little bit sweeter than pistachios. They’re also incredibly versatile – you can use them in sweet or savory dishes, or even just snack on them plain.
Almonds are another classic nut that makes a great alternative to pistachios. They’ve got a slightly more robust flavor that works well in both sweet and savory dishes. Plus, they’re packed with nutrients like vitamin E and magnesium.
Nutrition Tip: Whether they are fresh, frozen, or dried, cherries effortlessly add sweetness to a dish and include essential nutrients like vitamin C and potassium.
Tips for Making These Berry Cherry Frozen Yogurt Bites
Here are a few tips for making your yogurt bites
1. First, spray your ice cube tray with non-stick spray. While you don’t need the non-stick spray, it can help to prevent the yogurt mix from sticking to the tray and making it difficult to remove.
2. Next, add your yogurt mix to the tray.
3. For an added bit of flavor and pop of color you could top with more fresh blueberries and cherries. You can use any kind of fruit you like, but we think these two go particularly well together.
4. Freeze for several hours or overnight until solidified. Then, simply pop out the frozen yogurt bites and enjoy!
You can make a bunch ahead of time for a party or event. And, if you are on the run you can grab a bunch of these “ice cubes” and pop them back in the blender for a quick smoothie!
Make sure to PIN IT!
Berry Cherry Frozen Yogurt Bites
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup pitted chopped cherries
- 1/4 cup pistachios shelled, chopped
- 1 cup lowfat vanilla Greek yogurt
- Mix blueberries, cherries, pistachios and Greek yogurt in bowl.
- Fill ice cube tray with mixture and freeze 2-3 hours or until firm.