Oatmeal is incredibly versatile and can be made into a delicious, hearty meal with the right ingredients. With a little creativity, oatmeal doesn’t have to be boring. I have to admit, my kids were doubtful but are happy when they see it on the table! Let’s get creative with oatmeal!
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Add some spice: cinnamon, nutmeg, or even a little ginger can give your oatmeal a flavor boost.
- Get fruity: fresh or dried fruit are great additions to oatmeal. Or try adding a spoonful of jam or preserves for sweetness without all the sugar.
- Make it creamy: stir in some yogurt, milk or cream to make your oatmeal extra creamy and delicious.
This Dish Brings Flavor AND Nutrition To Your Bowl
There are so many healthy and yet delicious elements in this easy to make recipe. Let’s break down the benefits of each of them, shall we?
Cinnamon is a spice that has been used for centuries in cooking. It has a warm, sweet flavor that goes well with oatmeal. Adding cinnamon to your oatmeal can help to boost its flavor and make it more enjoyable to eat.
Cinnamon is also packed with health benefits. It is a good source of antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties. Cinnamon can also help to regulate blood sugar levels, making it a good choice for people with diabetes/trying to prevent diabetes.
There are many reasons to add strawberries to your oatmeal. For one, they are a good source of fiber and vitamins C and K. They also add a delicious sweetness to the oatmeal without using any added sugar.
Another reason to add strawberries to your oatmeal is that they can help you feel fuller for longer. This is due to the fact that they contain water and soluble fiber, both of which help slow down digestion. This means that you won’t be reaching for a mid-morning snack as soon as you start feeling hungry again.
Finally, adding strawberries to your oatmeal is a great way to get in some extra antioxidants. These nutrients help protect your body against cell damage and can have numerous health benefits.
Mango is not only a delicious fruit, but it is also a nutritious addition to your oatmeal. Here are three reasons why you should add mango to your oatmeal:
- Mango is a good source of fiber. Fiber is important for keeping you regular and can also help to lower cholesterol levels. One cup of mango contains about 5 grams of fiber.
- Mango is a good source of vitamins A and C. Vitamin A is important for vision and skin health, while vitamin C is an important antioxidant that can help to boost the immune system. One cup of mango contains about 20% of the recommended daily intake for both vitamins A and C.
- Mango can help to regulate blood sugar levels as well!
One of the best things you can do for your health is to add apples to your oatmeal. Here are three reasons why:
- Apples are a good source of soluble fiber, which can help lower cholesterol and keep you feeling full longer.
- Apples are also a good source of antioxidants, which can help protect your cells from damage and may reduce your risk of some chronic diseases.
- Adding apples to your oatmeal can also increase the antioxidant power of the oats themselves. So not only will you be getting the benefits of the apples, but you’ll also be getting an extra boost of nutrition from the oats.
Pistachios are not only a delicious addition to oatmeal, but they also offer a range of health benefits. They are a good source of protein, contain heart-healthy fats, and can help regulate blood sugar levels too.
Adding honey to oatmeal is a great way to add sweetness without adding sugar. Honey is also a natural source of energy and has many health benefits.
Oats are a healthy and filling breakfast option, but they can be a bit bland on their own. Adding honey is an easy way to make them more palatable without adding sugar. Honey is also a natural source of energy, which makes it a great addition to oatmeal for people who are looking for an extra boost in the morning. In addition to being delicious and energizing, honey also has many health benefits. It can help improve digestion, fight allergies, and even promote wound healing.
Rolled Oats – a Versatile Breakfast Choice
Oatmeal is a go-to breakfast choice for many people because it is quick, easy, and filling. But oatmeal is not just a convenient choice – it is also a healthy one. Oats are a whole grain and are packed with fiber, vitamins, and minerals. They have been shown to help lower cholesterol, regulate blood sugar levels, and keep you feeling full longer. rolled oats are such a versatile breakfast choice.
There are many ways to enjoy oatmeal. You can cook it on the stovetop or in the microwave, add fruit or nuts for extra flavor and nutrition, or even make overnight oats that are ready to eat in the morning. No matter how you prepare it, oatmeal is a delicious and nutritious way to start your day.
For another fun way to incorporate oats into your families diet, try these Chocolate Chip Banana Oatmeal Cookies.
Rise ‘n Shine Oatmeal
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup sliced strawberries
- 2/3 cup chopped mango
- 2/3 cup chopped apples
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios
- 1 tablespoon honey to taste
- 4 large eggs
- Bring 2 cups water and oats to boil in small saucepan; add cinnamon, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, or until thickened and tender.
- Top oatmeal with strawberries, mango, apple, pistachios and honey, if desired.