- Depending on the variety, mangos are available year-round.
Health Benefits of Mangos:
- 1 cup of mango offers 100% of your daily recommended intake of Vitamin C, 35% of your Vitamin A and 12% of your fiber.
- Mangos contain over 20 different vitamins and minerals, helping to make them a superfood.
How to Select Mangos:
- Color is not an indicator of ripeness.
- A ripe mango will give slightly when squeezed gently. They will also sometimes have a fruity aroma at their stem ends.
How to Store Mangos:
- Keep firm, unripe mangoes at room temperature. To speed up the ripening process, please mangos in a paper bag. Once softened, move to refrigerator.
- Store ripe mangos in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
How to Prepare Mangos:
- Mangos have a long, flat seed in the center that you’ll need to cut around.
- To start, stand your mango up on cutting board stem-side-down and hold. Cut around the seed by cutting ¼-inch from the widest center line. Flip mango and repeat on other side. Scoop out mango from cut sides.
Fun Facts About Mangos:
- A mango tree can grow to a height of 100 feet or more, and it takes about 4 months for mangos to mature on the tree.
- Mangos are related to cashews and pistachios.
Learn more at Mango Board
Get additional resources in our Nutrition Education Center