Make an extra batch of smoothie pops to have on hand during hot summer days as a refreshing, protein-packed and sweet treat.
As the weather gets warmer and the days get longer, it’s important to have refreshing snacks on hand to keep you cool and energized. Smoothie pops are a perfect summertime treat – they’re packed with protein and nutrients, and they’re oh-so-delicious.
Making a big batch of smoothie pops is easy – just blend up your favorite fruits and vegetables, pour the mixture into popsicle molds, and freeze. In no time at all, you’ll have healthy, homemade popsicles that are perfect for hot summer days.
What we love about these Smoothie Pops
For this recipe, we choose to blend mango, nectarine, bananas, strawberries, blueberries, orange juice, and low-fat vanilla yogurt. Here are some of the benefits of enjoying our smoothie pops:
Mango is one of the most loved fruits around the world. And for good reason! It is delicious, but if that wasn’t enough you’ll love the fact that it is jam packed with nutrients that can benefit your health in many ways.
For one, mango is a great source of Vitamin C. This important vitamin helps to keep your immune system strong, and can also help to reduce inflammation. Additionally, mangos contain fiber, which is important for keeping your digestive system healthy.
Nectarines are not only a delicious summer fruit, but they are also packed with nutrients that can help boost your health. Here are three reasons why nectarines are so good for you:
- Nectarines are rich in antioxidants, which can help protect your cells from damage and may reduce your risk of some chronic diseases.
- Nectarines are a good source of fiber, which can further promote digestive health and help you feel full after eating.
- And, nectarines contain vitamins and minerals that can support immune system function and promote healthy skin and hair.
Bananas add a hint of sweetness, and are filled with nutritional goodness as well! Great source of potassium, which is important for maintaining healthy blood pressure and heart function. Bananas also contain vitamin C, and are simply an excellent addition to any healthy diet.
If you like these smoothie pops, make sure to check out our Orange, Mango & Banana Smoothie Popsicles
We threw strawberries and blueberries into the mix because they are loaded with amazing antioxidants and minerals your body craves. And the tart flavor paired perfectly with the sweetness of the nectarines and bananas.
Finally, to round things out, we added orange juice to give them one final burst of vitamin C and low-fat vanilla yogurt to give them some protein. You could also add in a squeeze of honey for additional sweetness.
While you could use popsicle molds, we chose paper cups and popsicle sticks because it’s what we had on hand. Whatever way you choose to make them, these smoothie pops are sure to become a family favorite!
Make sure to PIN IT!
- 1 mango chopped
- 1 nectarine peeled, chopped
- 2 bananas sliced
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 cups lowfat vanilla yogurt
- 16 small paper cups
- 16 popsicle sticks
- Place mango, nectarine, bananas, strawberries, blueberries, orange juice and yogurt in blender and blend until smooth.
- Place paper cups on baking sheet. Pour smoothie mixture into cups and freeze 20 minutes. Remove from freezer and insert popsicle stick into center of each cup. Return to freezer and freeze 2 hours, or until firm.