Recipe created in partnership with Maya Kaimal Foods.
Taco night gets an Indian makeover! Freshen up your Taco Tuesday with these shrimp tacos featuring Maya Kaimal’s Indian Simmer Sauce.
This easy dinner is packed with lean protein and ready to serve in just 20 minutes. The Goan Coconut Sauce and mango salsa create the perfect tangy and slightly sweet flavor combination.
Nutrition Tip: The mango is actually related to the cashew and pistachio. When picking one at the store, remember that color doesn’t reveal anything about ripeness. Your best bet is to gently press on it–ripe fruit will give a little bit.
Goan Coconut Curry Shrimp Tacos
- 1 mango sliced
- 1 jalapeño seed, diced
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/4 small red onion diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound deveined shrimp tails removed
- 1/3 cup Maya Kaimal Goan Coconut simmer sauce
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 8 small flour tortillas
- Mix mango, jalapeno, lime juice, onion, cilantro and salt in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp and cook 2-3 minutes on each side, until pink and cooked through. Add simmer sauce and cook additional 3-5 minutes.
- Assemble tacos with shredded cabbage, shrimp and mango salsa.