Lemon Chicken & Veggie Pasta
Looking for a fresh new recipe to add to your weeknight rotation? Try this Lemon Chicken & Veggie Pasta! This simple, veggie-packed pasta dish is ready in just 30 minutes for a quick and easy weeknight dinner. Filled with chicken, broccoli, carrots, onions and tomatoes, this pasta is topped with a little lemon juice, olive oil and Parmesan cheese for a dish the whole family will be asking for again.
I don’t know about you but sometimes I run out of ideas on what to make for our busy weeknight meals. Between school, homework, practice, and grocery shopping, coming up with quick meals is a must. This Lemon Chicken & Veggie Pasta is perfect for those kind of nights. This pasta is healthy, easy to make, and loaded with flavor. This is great for Spring or Summer since it is a lighter pasta dish. Of course you can make it all year long if you are a pasta lover like me!
Nutrition Tip: Onions and garlic both add loads of flavor–without any sodium. They’re also members of the same family and have compounds that help fight cancer and lower blood pressure.
Key Ingredients for this Lemon Chicken & Veggie Pasta
I mean just listen to those ingredients! So refreshing. I love adding broccoli into pasta. And the zesty lemon flavors made this a win for the entire family (kids included). This pasta is loaded with protein, fiber, Vitamins A & C, and antioxidants. Of course all of these veggies are loaded with wonderful healthy benefits for our bodies and minds!
How to make this Easy Lemon Chicken Pasta with Vegetables
Step 1: Cook the pasta
First cook the pasta according to instructions and set aside.
Step 2: Cook the chicken
Next heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add in the chicken and cook for about 5-7 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
Step #3: Cook the vegetables
Return the skillet to heat. Add in 1 Tbsp. oil, the broccoli, garlic, carrot and onions. Cook for about 10 minutes, or until the veggies are tender-crisp.
Step 4: Mix in all ingredients
Then stir in the chicken, tomatoes, and some salt. Cook for about 3 minutes, or until the chicken is heated and tomatoes soften. Stir in the cooked pasta and lemon juice. Sprinkle with the cheese and parsley. Serve hot and enjoy!
Make sure to PIN IT!
Additions & Substitutions:
- Need a meatless dinner idea? Just leave out the chicken for a vegetarian option.
- You can swap out any of your favorite pastas including whole wheat, gluten free, or veggie noodles, too.
- Other vegetables that would taste great would be some red bell peppers, asparagus, and artichoke hearts.
- You could always make this pasta with some salmon or shrimp, too!
Lemon Chicken and Veggie Pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 carrots sliced
- 1/2 sweet onion chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces bowtie pasta cooked according to package directions
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped (optional)
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook 5-7 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Return skillet to heat. Add 1 Tbsp. oil, broccoli, garlic, carrot and onions. Cook 10 minutes, or until veggies are tender-crisp.
- Stir in chicken, tomatoes and salt. Cook 3 minutes, or until chicken is heated and tomatoes soften.
- Stir in cooked pasta and lemon juice. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
Thank you! This recipe answers the question “What do I do with chicken, pasta and veggies for dinner tonight?” With just a few changes I can make a healthy, delicious and easy dinner tonight!