This simple, veggie-packed pasta dish is ready in just 30 minutes for a quick and easy weeknight dinner! Filled with chicken, broccoli, carrots, onions and tomatoes, this pasta is topped with a little lemon juice, olive oil and Parmesan cheese for a dish the whole family will be asking for again.
Nutrition Tip: Onions and garlic both add loads of flavor–without any sodium. They’re also members of the same family and have compounds that help fight cancer and lower blood pressure.
Lemon Chicken & Veggie Pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 carrots sliced
- 1/2 sweet onion chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces bowtie pasta cooked according to package directions
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped (optional)
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook 5-7 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Return skillet to heat. Add 1 Tbsp. oil, broccoli, garlic, carrot and onions. Cook 10 minutes, or until veggies are tender-crisp.
- Stir in chicken, tomatoes and salt. Cook 3 minutes, or until chicken is heated and tomatoes soften.
- Stir in cooked pasta and lemon juice. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley.