Back to school is around the corner, whether we like it or not. With back to school comes routine, homework and, for me, a desire to get back to meal planning during the busy school week.
Let’s face it, meal planning definitely makes family life easier! To keep from getting bored in the kitchen, it’s great to have an arsenal of healthy, no-fuss dinners to choose from.
The key to getting dinner on the table (stress-free!) during the week is to be prepared and to keep it simple, in my opinion. Knowing what meals you want to cook each week, shopping for your ingredients and preparing as much as you can ahead of time is essential for a smooth transition to back to school.
Here are some great dinner ideas to inspire you and keep things simple and healthy this back to school season!
Everything cooks in one pot for easy clean-up! Here are some ideas:
- Mandarin Chicken Stir-Fry with Green Beans
- Skillet Chicken with Sweet Peppers and Zucchini
- One-Pot Healthy Turkey Skillet
- One-Pan Chicken and Broccoli with Cheese
- One-Pot Chicken Lo Mein
Protein and veggies combine for a delicious dinner. Serve over rice or quinoa for a complete meal!
- Thai Peanut Chicken & Vegetable Noodle Stir-Fry
- Savory Stir Fry
- Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry
- Italian Stir Fry
- Cashew Chicken Stir Fry
Throw everything together in the morning and dinner is ready when you get home.
- Slow Cooker Pork Tacos
- Healthy Slow Cooker Ropa Vieja
- Slow Cooker Pesto Chicken Melts
- Slow Cooker Chicken & Tomatoes
- Slow Cooker Chicken Sausage and Peppers
Pasta always makes for a quick and easy dinner. Add your favorite protein, veggies and sauce!
- Lemon Chicken & Veggie Pasta
- Mexican Baked Pasta
- Chicken Piccata Pasta
- Cheesy Eggplant & Tomato Penne
- Garden Veggie Pasta
Sheet Pan Dinners
Protein and veggies are tossed with seasoning or sauce and baked on a sheet pan for a tasty dinner.