Veggies are the star of this hearty vegetarian pasta.
Garden Vegetable Pasta
- 1 sweet onion chopped
- 1 pint sliced mushrooms
- 8 ounces whole wheat rotini pasta
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups baby spinach chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced Kalamata olives
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lay onion and mushrooms single layer on parchment-lined baking sheet and bake 15 minutes, or until tender. Remove from oven, set aside to cool.
- Boil pasta according to package directions. Drain and toss with oil; set aside.
- Heat butter in large skillet on medium-high heat; add onions and mushrooms, and cook 2 minutes, stirring often. Reduce heat to medium; add spinach and olives, and cook 2 minutes. Stir in pasta.