Sheet pan dinners are a busy parent’s best friend. All you need is a sheet pan, some veggies, a protein and your favorite seasonings, and you can have a healthy, homecooked meal on the table with little-to-no work and clean-up! For this recipe, we tossed the veggies and chicken in a tangy honey mustard sauce for one tasty dinner.
Nutrition Tip: Brussels sprouts are rich in vitamin C and even have a little bit of protein. Roasting them this way also brings out some natural sweetness–a lot more kid-friendly than boiling them!
Honey Mustard Chicken and Veggies Sheet Pan Dinner
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces brussels sprouts halved
- 1 sweet potato peeled, chopped
- 1/2 small sweet onion chopped
- 4 boneless skinless chicken tenderloins
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix mustard, honey, oil, salt and pepper in large bowl. Add Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes and onions, tossing to coat. Spread vegetables on baking sheet, leaving space in middle.
- Add chicken to bowl and toss with remaining sauce. Place chicken in middle of baking sheet.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.