Looking for a no-fuss Taco Tuesday recipe? Let your slow cooker do the work for these shredded pork tacos and top with a southwest inspired chopped salad kit. What could be easier?
Nutrition Tip: Muscles cannot be made without the proper fuel! Eating foods containing quality protein is essential for maintaining and increasing muscle mass, which pork happens to be high in.
Slow Cooker Shredded Pork Tacos
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 large RealSweet® sweet onion sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 8 6-inch whole wheat tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 bag Eat Smart® Mexican Fiesta chopped salad kit
- 1 small avocado chopped
- Place garlic, peppers and onion in slow cooker.
- Combine chili powder, Italian seasoning, cumin, salt and pepper. Coat tenderloin with seasonings. Place on top of onions and peppers in slow cooker. Cook on high 4 hours.
- Once pork is finished, shred while in slow cooker and combine with onions and peppers.
- Serve pork on tortillas with salad and avocado.