Stir fry is a delicious way to incorporate extra veggies. Adding fresh ingredients for flavor, like garlic and ginger, instead of using stir fry sauces is a healthier way to enjoy this classic.
Savory Stir Fry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion sliced
- 1 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki marinade
- 4 cloves garlic minced minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 cups pre-cut broccoli & cauliflower florets
- 1 bell pepper seeded, sliced
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat; add onions and chicken, and cook 3 minutes. Add teriyaki marinade, garlic and ginger, and cook 2 minutes. Add broccoli, cauliflower and peppers, and cook 5 minutes, or until broccoli is tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from heat and stir in pistachios. Serve over rice.