Stir fry is a delicious way to incorporate extra veggies. Adding fresh ingredients for flavor, like garlic and ginger, instead of using stir fry sauces is a healthier way to enjoy this classic.
If you’re looking for a quick, flavorful meal that will use up all those veggies in your fridge, look no further than stir fry. Stir fry is a great way to get in your daily dose of vegetables, and it can be made with whatever ingredients you have on hand. Plus, it’s ready in just minutes – perfect for busy weeknights.
Here’s a quick peek at what we added to our Easy Chicken Stir Fry dish, and why:
Chicken: When it comes to stir fry, chicken is definitely the way to go. It’s versatile and takes on any flavor you throw at it. Plus, it’s a great source of protein.
Onion: Onion is the perfect ingredient for any stir fry. Here’s why:
- It adds flavor.
- Onion can be cooked to your desired level of doneness.
- IT pairs well with other vegetables and proteins.
- Onion is a healthy vegetable option.
- It is relatively inexpensive, and it gives a great aroma to your dish too!
Minced garlic: There are a few key ingredients that every good cook has in their pantry, and garlic is one of them. This potent little ingredient can transform a simple dish into something special with its ability to add depth and flavor.
If you’re looking to add more flavor to your stir fry dishes, garlic is a great place to start. It adds depth of flavor. It’s a versatile ingredient that goes with almost anything. And, garlic has many health benefits, including boosting immunity in your body.
There are so many different ways you can make stir fry. You can keep it simple with just chicken and vegetables, or get creative and add in some fruit or nuts. The possibilities are endless.
Broccoli and cauliflower florets: If you love chicken stir fry, but are looking for an easy way to add some extra veggies to your dish, then you’re in luck! We’ve added broccoli and cauliflower florets to our easy chicken stir fry recipe, and it’s absolutely delicious. Not only is it a great way to sneak in some extra nutrients, but the added texture and flavor of the vegetables takes this dish to the next level.
Bell pepper: Not only does it add a pop of color, but it also brings a touch of sweetness to the dish. Plus, it’s a great source of vitamins A and C.
Pistachios: That might seem like an odd choice, but this quick and easy chicken stir fry gets a flavor boost from pistachios. We love how the creamy, nutty taste of the pistachios pairs with the savory chicken and slightly sweet sauce in this dish. Plus, they add a nice crunch that takes this stir fry over the top.
Brown rice vs White Rice
Brown rice: We used brown rice instead of white rice in our easy chicken stir fry for a few reasons. First, brown rice is a whole grain, meaning it contains all of the grain’s bran and germ. This makes it more nutritious than white rice, which has had the bran and germ removed. Second, brown rice takes longer to cook than white rice, so it can help to stretch out a meal. And finally, we find that brown rice has a heartier flavor than white rice, making it a nice complement to the other ingredients in our stir fry. So next time you’re looking for a quick and easy weeknight dinner, be sure to give our easy chicken stir-fry a try – you won’t be disappointed!
Make sure to Pin It!
Healthy Chicken Stir Fry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion sliced
- 1 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki marinade
- 4 cloves garlic minced minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 cups pre-cut broccoli & cauliflower florets
- 1 bell pepper seeded, sliced
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat; add onions and chicken, and cook 3 minutes. Add teriyaki marinade, garlic and ginger, and cook 2 minutes. Add broccoli, cauliflower and peppers, and cook 5 minutes, or until broccoli is tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from heat and stir in pistachios. Serve over rice.