Ready for a delicious and different weeknight dinner idea? This Pineapple Mango Chicken Stir Fry is loaded with flavor, fresh pineapple, and the whole family will enjoy it!
One of our family’s favorite meals is the classic sweet and sour chicken. I wanted to experiment a little with some fresh mango and pineapple that we had at the house. This Pineapple Mango Chicken Stir Fry did not disappoint. A little sweet, fresh fruits and vegetables, and hearty rice made this a perfect weeknight meal.
Our family loves fresh pineapple so I usually buy it often. There are so many benefits of pineapple that makes it a great fruit to add to meals, smoothies, and of course just to eat as a snack. Did you know pineapple can help you ward off that pesky cold? A single serving contains 130% of your daily requirement of Vitamin C! Pineapple and mango give this classic stir fry a fun and fruity spin that the whole family will love.
Key Ingredients for this Pineapple Mango Stir Fry
- Chicken- a great healthy and lean source of protein
- Brown Rice- we cook brown rice more often in our house but you can use white rice, too.
- Red Bell Pepper- this pepper is one of our favorites. Loaded with flavor, health benefits, and provides great texture in this recipe.
- Pineapple– sweet, juicy, and great in baking and stir fry’s. Pineapple is great for the immune system and helps aid in digestion, too!
- Mango– mangos are actually a superfood that are loaded with essential vitamins and minerals.
- Green Onions– green onions are great in stir fry for extra flavor. If you only have white onions, that will work, too.
How to pick a ripe pineapple
If your family loves pineapple but your not sure how to pick a ripe pineapple at the store, make sure to look for green leaves. The pineapple should be firm but still have a little give to them if you were to squeeze it. That way when you get home, you will have a nice juicy and sweet pineapple ready to be enjoyed!
How to cut a fresh mango
Some people are intimidated with buying and cutting mangos. But it is pretty easy. There is a large pit that you need to cut around. See our Mango Produce Tips Page.
How to make this Pineapple Mango Chicken Stir Fry
This recipe is pretty simple. First combine the soy sauce, vinegar, water, garlic and ginger in bowl. Set aside.
Then heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Toss the chicken in cornstarch and add to the pan.
Let the chicken cook for about 4-5 minutes, or until no longer pink. Add the pepper and green onions, and cook 3-5 minutes, or until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low.
Next add the sauce and cook 4 minutes, or until thickened. Add pineapple and mango, and cook 2-3 minutes, or until heat thoroughly. Serve over the cooked brown rice.
Make sure to PIN IT!
Pineapple Mango Chicken Stir Fry
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1″ strips
- 1 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 6 green onions sliced
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 1 cup chopped mango
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- Combine soy sauce, vinegar, water, garlic and ginger in bowl. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Toss chicken in cornstarch and add to pan. Cook 4-5 minutes, or until cooked through. Add pepper and green onions, and cook 3-5 minutes, or until softened.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add sauce and cook 4 minutes, or until thickened. Add pineapple and mango, and cook 2-3 minutes, or until heat thoroughly.
- Serve over cooked brown rice.