Kids will feel extra loved with this easy-to-make Valentine’s Day bento box!
The heart-shaped sandwich is made with peanut butter (use sunflower seed butter for a nut-free option) and sliced strawberries and kiwi. We used these sandwich cutters to make the fun shape.
Nutrition Tip: Peanut butter is filled with heart-healthy unsaturated fat that provides you with sustained energy and steers you clear of those midday crashes.
Raspberries with mini chocolate chips offer the perfect amount of sweetness and is paired with heart-shaped carrots and cucumbers for a dose of veggies.
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox.
Looking for more lunchbox ideas? We’ve got you covered with 70+ ideas including make-ahead ideas, non-sandwich lunches, ideas for repurposing leftovers, and vegetarian, nut-free and gluten-free recipes.
Or check out all of our back-to-school content on our blog. A few of our most popular posts include:
- The Ultimate Guide to Packing Healthy Lunchboxes
- After-School Snacks that Won’t Ruin Dinner
- The Best Lunchboxes for Kids
- 20 Lunchbox-Packing Tips & Hacks from Parents
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, cut into heart shapes
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 kiwi, sliced
- 4 strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced, cut into heart shape
- 1 large carrots, sliced, cut into heart shape
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1 teaspoon mini dark chocolate chips
- Spread peanut butter onto bread and layer with kiwi strawberries.
- Assemble bento box with remaining ingredients.